Multiplayer Issue - Turn File Not associated?

Report a bug or technical problem here

Multiplayer Issue - Turn File Not associated?

Postby Sapphire Harp » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm not sure what I've got here. I'm trying to load the first turn file of the game and I get this error:

You are either missing the turn file or have a turn file not associated with your key. If you are the host then you are missing the anchor file.

I have moved main the game file to the game folder of its name, obviously... Does anyone have an idea what the origin of this problem is?
Sapphire Harp

Re: Multiplayer Issue - Turn File Not associated?

Postby potatoedoughnut » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Make sure you have both the .sav and .trn files in your game folder (SIGame/MultiplayerSaves/GameName)
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby Sapphire Harp » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Wow... yea. Once I had removed the .sav file to send off, I forgot that was something I could work with.

Problem solved. :oops:
Sapphire Harp

Postby Anatooli » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:43 am

I'm having the same problem. I have both the .sav and .trn files in the game folder (SIGame/MultiplayerSaves/GameName) and when I try to load the first turn it gives me this: Image
Sapphire Harp wrote:Wow... yea. Once I had removed the .sav file to send off, I forgot that was something I could work with.Problem solved.

It's a shame he has solved the problem but I can't quite understand from his post what the solution was.
Anatooli

Postby timus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:50 am

Anatooli wrote:I'm having the same problem. I have both the .sav and .trn files in the game folder (SIGame/MultiplayerSaves/GameName) and when I try to load the first turn it gives me this: Image
Sapphire Harp wrote:Wow... yea. Once I had removed the .sav file to send off, I forgot that was something I could work with.Problem solved.

It's a shame he has solved the problem but I can't quite understand from his post what the solution was.

If you are a player, please check that you have a .sav file and your turn file in the same correct directory. Also check that it is from correct game, because you know they all named exactly the same regardless of the game name. It's quite easy to mistake one for another. Make sure that no other files are there.

If you are the host, make sure you have only .sav and .anc files there, there should be no other (.trn) files there in that case.
timus

Postby Anatooli » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Alright, apparently the problem was caused by having all the .trn files of other players also in the folder. Removing other players' .trn files and having only my .trn file and the sav file in the folder fixed the problem.
Anatooli

Postby Vic Davis » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:19 am

Yes, if you are a player then you need just the main.sav and your .trn file. Anything else and the game will think that you are trying to spoof it to see someone else's turn and give you the message.

If you are the host you need the main.sav your .anc file and the players' .trn files. It is important that you keep the correct files in the folder. I plan to make this clearer in the manual but you can use Names or Knicknames in the box for entering the player's emails which determines how the .trn file is named....it does not have to be an actual email and unfortunately that is not clear.
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Postby brog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Where can you get a new .anc file from if it's lost (if, for example, your computer exploded)?

I've been able to get the .sav and all the .trn files from my emails, but the .anc is irrecoverable, and I'm getting this error. What do I do?
brog

Postby Vic Davis » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:26 pm

What you will need to do is rename the old folder (i.e MySIGameBackUp) and then create a new game with the old name i.e. MySIGame. You won't use the new game just grab the .anc file from it and put it in the renamed folder....delete the newly created folder and then change the name back to the original and you should be good to go.
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Postby brog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply, that solved it. I'd actually tried starting another game to get an .anc file, but didn't realise the name should be the same.
brog

Next

Return to The Vault of Failure