Golden Egg down / Hive Mind needed

Gather round children and let me tell you the story of....

Re: Golden Egg down / Hive Mind needed

Postby Indricotherium » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:46 am

Huzzzaaaaahhhhh!

And a wonderfully engrossing and humerous writeup too. :D

I say we do as written before and get another going. Machine or Mutant. Preferably with a non-optimised deck (though not gimped). Who's interested?
Indricotherium

Postby potatoedoughnut » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:51 am

Hooray for winning! And hooray for fresh meat.

Any suggestions on the next round? I like Xenos, but am up for anything. Maybe choose a random deck out of the deck forum?
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby greymalkin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:06 am

Maybe a Machine deck? The driving force behind the switching could be a Xeno virus causing re-boots to the AI every few days. I've only seen 1 Machine deck in the list. I'll pull up the one I used. Shall we say Huge/175/5?
greymalkin

Postby Get » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:57 am

I'm back! I'm back! It's been months since I visited these forums, and see all the fun things I miss out on.

I'd love to give this a go. My vote is for the muties, because they don't get enough love. Hey, I figure being immersed in a chemical vat is reason enough to go bonkers. And doesn't one of their gens have two heads? But hey, I'd play the toasters or the squishies or the squids if that's the way the winds are blowing :D

Hmm...I'm thinking with a whole bunch of players, we'd probably want some kind of deck suited for long-term play. Inf heavy, or *gasp* a turtle-and-nuke play?
Get

Postby greymalkin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:17 am

Here's my vote for a mutie deck:
http://crypticcomet.com/forums/viewtopi ... 2534#p2534

And turtle deck:
http://crypticcomet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=104

Edit: Here's the Machine deck I've been toying with.
Tiles
1x Landing Zone X-ray (grants 1H, 1M, 1E, 1T)

Cards
Infantry
6x Skeletors Mk III

Elite Infantry
4x Scourge Platoon

Automats
2x Behemoth
2x Harpy
1x Proteus

Automecha
1x Colossus
1x Styxx

Reconnaissance Bots
1x Ghost Probe Bots
5x Spider Bots

Battle Support
1x Zombie
1x Shade

Machine Airpower
1x Apparition
1x Wraith

Generals of the Empire
Maledictus
Tormentia
Mortificus
Tyranicus

Agents of the Empire
Crypticus
Diabolique

Intellects of the Empire
Primus
Eruditus
Empiricus

Stronghold
Machine Citadel

Military Facilities
1x Terminus
1x Nexus

Research Facilities
1x Knowledge Node
1x Conflict Node

Infrastructure Facilities
1x Industrial Pod

C3I Facilities
Intelligence Node
Last edited by greymalkin on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greymalkin

Postby pernod » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:37 pm

I mainly play imperium of man, which means that tip of the spear can make things really challenging. I've had much fun playing with a mechanised infantry deck with the most powerful units in the deck being panthers and rangers. You end up needing a lot of decoys, ambushes and feints to kill those dastardly behemoths, so it is quite challenging.

I can start one with this setup if anyone are interested, with the reasoning for changing leaders being some kind of inquisition arresting/releasing the general for suspected incompetence/deviance/coup-plotting/whatever, whit dropped charges explaining second appearances. Otherwise, I might take a stab at whatever gets started here.
pernod

Postby abyxwing » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Been reading this one last few weeks but didn't dare join with my Xeno *skills* (seriously pure survival through those 10 turns would be a challenge for me :P ).
I'm up for trying it if its any of 3 other races.
Usually playing humies with heavy focus on marines jumping around and sneak attacking HQ's. Oh and if you need a back story for them , can go with simple one. Its a wasteland , battlefield, machines were using nukes and what not and xenos their biological *nastiness*, so the Imperial Command has decided that every commander has to undergo a regular rotation to HQ simulation pods for some R&R. The puny human constitution cant handle continuous exposure to those harsh conditions and the horrors that Earth now holds. :)
abyxwing

Postby Indricotherium » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Well, not that I'm the best organiser but there's nothing that say we couldn't have more than 1 going on (though I've seen that dilute interest too much on other forums). I vote one at a time, no race repeats. Other than that I think we're all game enough to go for any race (just think of yourself as a, say, maintenance chief suddenly in charge of combat operations - heh) no matter how bad or inexperienced we are with them. We should have a list of commanders and I think the list should extend past games (as you might not get in on one game but will be at the top of the list for the next).

In order of response after my call we have:
potatoedoughnut
greymalkin
Get
pernod
abyxwing
Indricotherium

I'm also hoping ker shows up, after all, they got this ball rolling. :D

Let's not overthink this, we'll get to all the races in time. So, someone start the game (no Xenos! :P )and take the first ten turns (or not, if you want to keep your spot on the list, otherwise you rotate to the bottom) and post it up. And we're off!
Indricotherium

Postby Indricotherium » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Oh. And do we want one thread per game? It would make it easier to read through each game if they were in their own thread.

So after starting the new thread, reply here to direct everyone to it.

(I'm on a work PC, no AE from here! ;) )
Indricotherium

Postby ker » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:40 pm

I’m here. Sorry, real-life’s been keeping me busy. Now I’m free ‘couse we had more snow then we had for 18 years (apparently, I’ve only been alive for 20 :P). (snow!)

Well-done for putting the damned Machines in their place and a very cool write up, pernod! :)

Don’t feel like you have to wait for me. I’ll probably join in at a later point. And yeah, any faction is good for me (ok, I suck at the Machines but that still could be fun). Just get a deck and a game going. It’s doesn’t take long, promise :)
ker

PreviousNext

Return to Tales from the Wastelands