Once again it is time to find out who is fit to rule -- and this time, time is of the essence.
I have heard that there is a demand for faster games and it appears to me that main cause of slow games is failure to submit a turn, so this month there will be none of that!
Map: Small Map, Dante's Peak, Rare PoPs, Normal (15 tokens), Census ON, Rectification OFF
- Must submit 1 turn each weekday (Monday - Friday) or be replaced by an AI.
- I will process a turn each weekday (using my local time zone, central USA). If it has been at least 24 hours since I posted the last main.sav file and there is a trn file missing, I will AI the missing player with no additional notification and the game will continue on.
- If it has been less than 24 hours, I will wait until the 24 hour point has passed and then process the turn.
- Due to game limitations, I am above the law. Should I fail to process a turn on a given day, there is no way to AI myself, and if I quit the game, it just ends for everybody. But if you want, you can plan on sending a strongly worded email, though I don't expect you'll need it.
- If you give due notice of an absence of a day or two, the game can be put on a very temporary hold.
- The weekends do not count for the purpose of calculating time periods. For example, if I process turn 22 on Friday at 8:30 pm. You will have until 8:30 pm Monday to get your turn 23 orders submitted.
- I would recommend you have a plan where you can check for a new turn file twice a day. Once a day can work, but seems risky to me. For example, you submit a turn at 6pm one day and the next day you don't happen to check until 8pm, it would feel to you like you did your daily thing, but I might have processed both days at 7pm and you'd be already be out.
July Justice continues the Monthly Mayhem series where I will start a game on the 1st of the month. Each game has a theme that I hope will make them just a bit different. Recruiting will start about a week before the 1st of the month and the game will be started on the 1st. Both new and experienced players are welcome to join.
I like to see about 1 turn per weekday (and this month, it's required), any turns on weekends are bonus. The game files will be shared using Dropbox.
To sign up, PM me your name and dropbox email address (or leave a response to this post) and I will add you to the list.
Last edited by Sord
on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.