Crashed Troop Pod- 155pt

Got a killer deck? Post it here.

Crashed Troop Pod- 155pt

Postby muddball » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:16 am

55 Cards/155 points.

Pro's: Equally able to handle the start, middle, and endgame on a small map. Tough defense and offense. All important aspects (like having a tactics hero or tech facilities) have at least one backup. Great anti-air.
Con's: Very weak against assassins. No recon units. Weak on the Huge map.

Notes on deck: Keep your Crashed troop pod as free as you can. The best three to put into it are Air Defense, Intelligence, and a Thrall chamber (created in gene). Use a Sentinel to establish your resources as quickly as possible and drop mines around your base. Your objective is to put one Colossus with 4 Sentinels. The sentinels are nothing more then high defense, high hit point blobs. Give them toughness training and defensive nanites. Imposable to kill before the Colossus mauls the enemy. Tormentia gives a +1 bonus, but i actually like Maledictus better because his Aggression lets you kill any nasty surprises before they kill you. Even a brush from the Colossus will deal min of 6 damage. Your cyborgs are ready to be uber when your ready to put enough resources into them. Outfit them with whatever your personal preferences are. Double attack with double neuro toxin is effectively quad toxin and my favorite.
Useful fact: You can put a stealth hero with an air assault unit equipped with a stealthing suite and jump without being seen. Air Assassins!

Machine Infantry/Elite
Advanced Cyborgs x3
Sentinels x9
Reverent Platoon x2

Infantry Support
Harpy x 4

Mecha
Colossus x2

Air Defense
Banshee Air Defense x3

Air Power
Apparition x2
Phantasm x1

Hero- * Tactics
Maledictus
Tormentia
Tyanicus*
Reconicus
Luminicus
Cypticus
Diaboliqia
Primus
Mechanicus*
Cyberia+
Miseria+
Empiricus+

Facilities
Crashed troop pod- (at level three forms AA4)
Nexus x2- (has two upgrades, plenty of space for facilities)
Terminus x2
Air Defense Node x1
Nerve Gas Minefield x4- (best minefield in the game)
Knowledge node x2
Conflict node x2
Industrial pod x1
Intelligence node x2
muddball

Re: Crashed Troop Pod- 155pt

Postby potatoedoughnut » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:07 am

No recon? That's harsh. I guess if you can just turtle until you're super blob moves out you'll be ok, but that seems like you're just asking to get assassin/sabotage mauled (or at least would if the computer used the properly) or nuked in the mid/late game (though I guess that's what AA is for, I've actually never used it myself).

Also, how do you get a thrall chamber in there without putting a research building? I can see turtling 1 base w/ mines and no recon, but trying to keep 2-3 bases defended without knowing what's out there sounds like a nightmare.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby Keypunch » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:15 pm

@potatoed, I guess you just have to switch an intel node with a lab.

The deck doesn't reall sound like my thing, but:

Useful fact: You can put a stealth hero with an air assault unit equipped with a stealthing suite and jump without being seen. Air Assassins!

I effin' like this one. Never realized the awesomeness of paratrooping saboteurs.
Keypunch

Location: The Netherlands. That's not a tile, it's a country!

Postby potatoedoughnut » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:55 am

Keypunch wrote:

I effin' like this one. Never realized the awesomeness of paratrooping saboteurs.

I guess it's kinda cool, but you can just walk the assassin over in 1-2 turns anyway if it's in jump distance, and you don't have to spend extra resources on stealth suits, and you don't have to include the mediocre mech air assault cards in your deck.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby Keypunch » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Walking and sneaking just lacks that particular sense of zanyness.
Keypunch

Location: The Netherlands. That's not a tile, it's a country!

Postby muddball » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:08 am

potatoedoughnut wrote:I guess it's kinda cool, but you can just walk the assassin over in 1-2 turns anyway if it's in jump distance, and you don't have to spend extra resources on stealth suits, and you don't have to include the mediocre mech air assault cards in your deck.

The AI really enjoys putting new bases somewhat near mine, usually in jump range. It makes it worth it to jump in, destroy the base, then maul whatever big army that used to be in supply. That could just be my games tho.

potatoedoughnut wrote:Also, how do you get a thrall chamber in there without putting a research building? I can see turtling 1 base w/ mines and no recon, but trying to keep 2-3 bases defended without knowing what's out there sounds like a nightmare.

The research is done in a different base. I prefer to keep my home base pretty empty (my army's are out hunting) so the thrall chamber really helps making quick and dirty units to wear them down.

And the base with tactics is pretty much nuke proof. Lack of scouts does hurt, but the Intelligence node lets you keep your base free of pesky assassins, and whatever units you have there supply the boom.
muddball

Postby Indricotherium » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:23 am

I can agree that this doesn't look like the way I'd do things but that just means I'm even more eager to give this a whirl! :lol:

I love playing out decks I'd never build in a million years. It's what really keeps this game fresh (IMO).
Indricotherium

Postby psydev » Mon May 25, 2009 6:16 pm

The AI really enjoys putting new bases somewhat near mine, usually in jump range. It makes it worth it to jump in, destroy the base, then maul whatever big army that used to be in supply. That could just be my games tho.

How do you destroy a base? Or do you mean capture it?
psydev

Postby muddball » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:46 pm

psydev wrote:

How do you destroy a base? Or do you mean capture it?

i suppose i meant capture. sorry. if i get a choice however, i always destroy rather then capture, as the computer prefurs to spy at bases i don't have an intelligent node at.
muddball

Return to Deck Lists