Imperial Force Recon

Got a killer deck? Post it here.

Imperial Force Recon

Postby imperialus » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:08 pm

It's been pretty quiet around here lately so I thought I'd post a deck I've been playing around with. It works well for quick 1 or 2 hour games, perfect for the holiday season. I usually play it on a normal sized map vs 2 AI's, Cults are OK (the squid would cause problems though). This is a very light deck,

The army of the Empire of Man is a massive fighting force, probably one of the largest military organizations ever created by mankind. Propaganda vids show massive columns of tanks smashing through enemy fortifications, while brave infantry men gun down the enemies of humanity. The army of the empire is an unwieldy hammer however, and the vast wastelands that cover most of the earths surface mean that it can only be unleashed at specific targets. The job of finding the best targets for a knockout punch falls to the 52nd Imperial Infantry Division, better known as Force Recon. Light and fast, Force Recon operates far in advance of the front lines of the conflict, setting up forward bases, and developing a target list for the main force.

# Cards: 40
Pts: 131
Tiles: 5 (Staging Area)

Imperial Infantry:
Emperors Own x3
Power Armour
Imperial Rangers x6
Armour
Leopard x4
Cheetah x3
Reconnaissance
Imperial Recon x4
Battle Support
...right...
Special Ops Teams
Commandos x4
Airpower
JSF II x1
Nightwing x1
Generals
Erik Mai
Winston Liu
Scouts
Adam Wraith
Sigmund Gordon
Agents
Mata Boyd
Artimus Vance
Valentine Kusanagi
Carlos Pendergast
Intellects
Hannibal Zarkov
Fulton Strangelove
Stronghold
Imperial Fortress
Military Facilities
None (everything that will leave your supply range has commando anyhow)
Research Facilities
Research Lab x1
War College x1
C3I Facilities
Intel Center x1

Enjoy. I've had some reasonable success with it. I'll post strategies sometime later.
imperialus

Re: Imperial Force Recon

Postby Indricotherium » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Looks interesting! I'll be giving this a try in the near future.
Indricotherium

Postby greymalkin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:12 am

Hmmm, I'll tweak a bit to add in the FO's, but this could be interesting.
greymalkin

Postby imperialus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:49 pm

It's a tough deck, that's for sure. You really only have 2 combat units to play with (Commando's and Rangers) since the Emperors Own are primarily meant to be defensive/garrison troops.

The good thing is, both commando's and rangers are pretty tough units to kill but they still can't survive a standup fight with a comparable medium/heavy unit.

The key that I found was to just not get into a standup fight. To take enemy strongholds my strategy has been to send a massive number of individual (tiny) armies into the field. I'll have a unit or two of rangers with as much tech as I can cram into them led by Liu camp out in the nearest hex that gives them a stealth bonus next to the enemy stronghold. I'll put an assassin in their HQ (usually Mata), but their job, at least at this stage is to just keep track of what their army is up to, Assassinating people just draws attention to them, and you want to avoid that at this stage. Then I have commando's and other assassins tearass around their territory destroying collectors, killing/capturing hero's, and generally raising a ruckus until the enemy eventually sends out an army to kill them. I'll also try and capture an independent base that lets me hit them with airstrikes further encouraging them to send a force to capture it. As soon as their big army leaves, I attack their HQ with Liu's rangers. Assuming the rangers win, then the game is mine.
imperialus

Postby greymalkin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:48 pm

I've had some luck (the second time with this deck--my first had only 2 extra resources in my area) using the EO and cheetah with a ranger as a front line. The FAC (or FO, as I put them) gives a nice boost to the airsupport for taking out things like a colossus. (My first game had a ranger with a tac-nuke, then the xenos bombed my lab :(.

It does seem like a challenging deck, especially with the extra energy cost rule. My first turns are a matter of deciding if I want to explore or save up to build a collector.
greymalkin

Postby imperialus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Yeah, I've found that abusing the hell out of the Shiva makes this deck a lot easier.
imperialus

Postby Keypunch » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:37 pm

You say that as if having powered-armored elite forces tossing tactical nukes left and right in a post-apocalyptic wasteland is a bad thing!
Keypunch

Location: The Netherlands. That's not a tile, it's a country!

Postby greymalkin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Gah! Turn 16 I lost! I got Ashka and 2 Harbingers and was going to get the Zeus suits. Friggin' Muties built a Hidden Gord next to my base and hit me with a Mungo and hyper-kinetic guy. @$#@%
greymalkin

Return to Deck Lists