The Imperial Light Attack Company

Got a killer deck? Post it here.

Postby Indricotherium » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:53 pm

Do you ever wonder who's sent into unknown areas to bring back needed information for the High Command? Who gets to pacify outlying areas considered unimportant or economically marginal? Who is forever on a shoestring budget and last to see supply shuttles circle down from out of the dangerous skies?

Wonder no further!

The Imperial Light Attack Company Deck has every 3+ movement imperial unit in the game, in addition to the Imperial Infantry who are expected to ride with the Cheetahs. They have the one aircraft no mini-maxing Imperial player ever puts in their decks, the Terminator, and a truly lean and mean command structure. Still, they can move fast and hit fairly hard. I designed the deck with small maps and one or two opponents in mind, with or without Cults active. Just last night they defeated the League of Mutants with the Fist located just 4 hexes away from the Imperial Palace and without resorting to Fat Man or Little Boy. Yes, most of my units were dead before it was all over but damn if it wasn't an exciting game.

-----------------------------------------
Total Cards: 40
Total Points: 91

4 Imperial Infantry
4 Light Infantry

4 Panther
4 Leopard
4 Cheetah

3 Imperial Recon

3 Minotaur

1 Imperial FAC

1 Terminator
1 Crow

1 Vladimir Kost
1 Honore Harris
1 Winston Liu

1 Cornelia West
1 Hanibal Zarkov

1 Imperial Palace

2 Imperial Firebase

1 Imperial Research Lab
1 Imperial War College

1 Intelligence Center
Indricotherium

Re: The Imperial Light Attack Company

Postby twentyeighth » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 am

This looks to be a challenging deck to field. I like your thoughts behind it. I'll give it a shot as soon as I gather some more free time.
twentyeighth

Postby twentyeighth » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:55 pm

I finally made time to play your deck. I did so against two opponents on a normal map with uncommon distribution for resources and specials. Basically, the standard game.

Killing the second opponent was an exercise in attrition more than anything else. The first was easily vested with a warhead that I stumbled upon.

I enjoyed the challenge of not using a Vengeance or heavy armor. It was easier than I anticipated, and perhaps that can partly be attributed to Vic’s Tip of the Spear release (as this was my first chance to try that as well).

I like dabbling with airpower so I may tweak your setup by adding one warplane. Unfortunately my two air cards were destroyed early in my campaign against the second opponent, but I suppose that exposes my managing errors in that game more than anything else.

Thanks.
twentyeighth

Postby Indricotherium » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Glad you liked it and, of course, feel free to tweak it in any direction you like!
8-)
Indricotherium

Postby twentyeighth » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:57 am

Also, it turned me on to the Minotaur, a piece that I rarely used in my normal decks.
twentyeighth

Postby Indricotherium » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:59 pm

You know, it's funny you mention that. I, too, never used the Minotaur in my Imperial decks until I set out to design this one and noticed the 3 movement rate. Suddenly the unit's place in the OOB made sense to me. And then I was pleasently surprised at how effective they could be.

Weapons Platoons were another one until I realised that their one true love, that they should never be parted from, is the Cheetah. :P
Indricotherium

Postby twentyeighth » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:42 am

You know, I signed off the Weapons Platoon a while ago because of their low defense--even with the Cheetah. I should reconsider their functionality with these new infantry perks.
twentyeighth

Return to Deck Lists