Two unstealthed, enemy armies in one hex

If you think it needs squishing then post it here

Two unstealthed, enemy armies in one hex

Postby ker » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:00 am

I think I've found a new bug (or I've forgotten some old game rule :). In this game I'm the Xenos and I come across a neutral, and guarded, ICBM Silo Complex with an Empire of Man MoRV-IV Leopard (not a stealthy recon) hanging in the mix. I'm guessing that the Empire of Man gets a chance to befriend the populace in a way that a flesh easting tentacle aliens don't. That's fine, but when I attack the hex I only get the option of attacking the Empire of Man recce unit and can't siege the neutral base after. So both the defenders and my Xeno army end up sitting around in the same hex when they should be busy killing one another.

Sending the saves. Thanks :)
ker

Re: Two unstealthed, enemy armies in one hex

Postby Noctilucus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:24 am

Not sure how experienced you are in AE, so I'll ask a dumb question anyway...
Do you mean that after killing the Leopard there are still Empire of Man troops in the hex, or just the neutral defenders? In case of only neutral defenders, do you get an option to negotiate with the defenders (when right-clicking your troops present in the hex)?
Noctilucus

Postby ker » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm

I've played a butt ton of AE but that was when I had more spare time so it's fairly likely I've forgotten something :)
When I kill the Empire of Man Leopard there is only a neutral (battle capable) army left. I don't get an option to bargain with them (no an automatic pop-ups or options in the army movement menu) (and the next tern, if I move back in the hex they fight me).
ker

Postby suman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:24 am

Sometimes the Cult of the Fist sends random armies to attack if you're near its base. They have units with the Air Assault 4 ability, so they can jump right on your army if its not 4 hexes far. Be care. :mrgreen:
SUMAN
suman

Return to Just Another Bug Hunt