Golden Egg down / Hive Mind needed

Gather round children and let me tell you the story of....

Re: Golden Egg down / Hive Mind needed

Postby ker » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Welcome, greymalkin, to our collective consciousness!
:P

Yeah, what Indricotherium said. Have fun and good luck!
ker

Postby greymalkin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:07 pm

Here's the rough breakdown, getting the file listed on rapidshare now.
50: Sitrep: activated drones for HQ protection, since the EoM was close with a large force
51: psychic enhancer and serum for scientists and critter activated/deployed
52: researched brood hive, NBC training for drudges w/ptah
53: humans took crotan wastes, crittters show only one unit garrisoned there
54: SF took pump station
55: count-down started, moving SF to cult
56: researched some items to help survive the towers
57: defense training for the rest of SF and assault. took out a tower and lost all but 4 units.
58: activated beasts and 2 gluttons to replace lost units. built warlord and death rod for beast and consume
59: assaulted again, took out the second tower and barely took the cult out, system rebootinh
greymalkin

Postby greymalkin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Here's the link. The last three turns were nail-biting, since I forgot when the cult would be activated, so I had to build up a force which I hoped could win. I also knew most would die, so I dropped the egg chamber to make re-building after that easier.

http://rapidshare.com/files/188714484/GE.sav.html
greymalkin

Postby Indricotherium » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Whaaaaaa hoooo! We survive the countdown! And barely, it looks like! Nice! :D

OK, I'll wait a day or two to see if we can sucker- erm, recruit more to the game. If no, I'll take the next 10.

After all, rebuilding shattered armies are what tiggers do best! Or, Indricotheriums. Splintered personalities? I think you get my drift.
Indricotherium

Postby Indricotherium » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:01 pm

OK, Tuesday now. Methinks three days is good. I'll try and play it out tonight. :)
Indricotherium

Postby Indricotherium » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Sorry about the slow progress. RL. Here are the first 4 turns though:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I swim to the surface again. This I did not expect. Many things clamor for my attention. I begin sorting through my incoming impressions. The Strike Force is in possesion of the Rapture Cult HQ. I immediately transmit that the Big Red Button is NOT TO BE TOUCHED. As a matter of fact, wall it off. OK. Next. The foodthings seem to have overrun the Airbase. That will not do. The Enemy HQ is located to our north. They are currently out of reach of our supplies but a quick survey of identified cargo shows two temporary camps ready for deployment. There are various resource areas that are not being utilised and there are areas yet to survey.

Turn 60
Long Term Goals:
Destroy the Enemy.
Destroy the Foodthings.

Short Term Goals:
Scan unidentified cargo bays to determine ship resources.
Survey unknown areas.
Refit Strike Force.
Retake the Airbase.
Bring the Enemy into supply range.

Actions:
Ithaq quickened and brought to the bridge.
Research Nest fully upgraded.
Ship scanned: Mobile Hive located
Ship scanned: Brutes located
Ship scanned: Demolitions Team
Ship scanned: Klith'sik located
Ship scanned: Brood Pens located
Ship scanned: Beasts located
Ship scanned: Brutes located
Brood Pens deployed to the Underhive.
Klith'sik quickened and brought to the bridge.
Last cargo bay scanned: Pod Hovership located and, thank the Great Egg, in working condition!
All cargo bays now scanned and identified.
Strike Force Drone medical training pays off as Gluttons are now fully healed.
Develop a Devour tactic.
Critters recon the Airbase, find a single Panther unit in garrison.
Brutes deployed to Tribal Keep to garrison it and keep slaves in line.

Turn 61
Long Term Goals:
Destroy the Enemy.
Destroy the Foodthings.

Short Term Goals:
Survey unknown areas.
Refit Strike Force.
Retake the Airbase.

Actions:
Brutes deployed to garrison the Trident Submarine.
Psychic Enhancer developed and issued to S'lugpha.
Beasts deployed to the Underhive.
S'lugpha takes the Drudges and the Beasts and goes to the Rapture Temple to assume command of the Strike Force.
M'sisilk and Demo Team 1 begin the survey of the NW.
Mi'go confirms the single Panther unit at the Airbase but also a foodthing taskforce to the NE consisting of Ulysses Starke, a Vengeance mech, a Tiger tank and a Mobile Field Post.
Moving quickly, the Strike Force recovers the Airbase and destroys the Panther unit!

Turn 62
Long Term Goals:
Destroy the Enemy.
Destroy the Foodthings.

Short Term Goals:
Survey unknown areas.
Refit Strike Force.
Destroy the foodthing taskforce.

Actions:
Glaa'kii develops two flesh tactics.
Contact is lost with the foodthing taskforce.
Mi'go and the Critters move out to screen the Strike Force.
Three eggs are quickens in the Brood Chamber and a Drudge unit, a Horror and a Monstrosity are born!
Nya'lrax moves towards the Golden Egg to shuttle these units to the Strike Force.
It is noted that the Enemy has been brought within our supply range thanks to the genius of Ithaq!
Demo Team 2 is deployed to the Rapture Temple. Not optimum but it is not desired that it be undefended.
Finally, Ptah himself moves towards the ship to help in the deployment of egg developed units.

A foodthing Leopard unit is spotted to the west of the Airbase!

Turn 63
Long Term Goals:
Destroy the Enemy.
Destroy the Foodthings.

Short Term Goals:
Survey unknown areas.
Refit Strike Force.
Find & then destroy the foodthing taskforce.

Actions:
Exploration to the NW continues.
The two shuttle forces reach the ship and are equipped.
The Strike Force, leaving a Beast unit to hold the Airbase, move to crush the Leopard.
K'kaii creates a Revitilization Sac and a dose of Invigoration Serum.
Indricotherium

Postby greymalkin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:10 am

I also noticed that force led by Starke. I wonder if the EoM is trying to figure out if they should attack the Machines or us with it. Maybe keeping it in their supply range to deter us both?
greymalkin

Postby Indricotherium » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:49 pm

Gah! Malfunction! I caogthdrkyn.........

(OK, RL chewing me up bad. Posting the game where I left off b/c I cannot see getting to it soon and don't want to hold it up!)

http://rapidshare.com/files/192244874/GE.sav.html
Indricotherium

Postby pernod » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:44 am

Hrmrgh! Images assemble. Ideas swim into focus. Notions resurface from long forgotten depths. Identity? Identity reasserts itself. I am ... something .. tentacly?

I am also ... hungry ...

Right. Could be worse, I suspect. What's for breakfast? Machine Empire? Probably mineral rich, although I suspect bad for digestion. Another imperium? How creative. Of Man this time. Where did all the royalists go?

Ah. My cohorts ate them on Thetatron Prime. Apparently quite tasty with .. ginger? What's that? I'll figure that out in time.

Anyhow. The men are closer to home than the infernal metal fiends. They will have to be subdued first.

Lastly, I am told that my precursors have done a brilliant job in having a so called "rapture cult" for dinner. I guess I should be pleased, but praise for past actions does not fill bellies. I should find some way of interrogating my predecessor about the flavour of these raptures. Are they best served like revenge, mayhap?

Priorities:
Breakfast
Reconnassaince
Research
Find a source of ginger

60:
I spend a lot of effort to go first, but the machines have some kind of secret mechanism of cutting-the-line, so I move second. They will pay.

I move the Funghi from Yugoth, which apparently is a nickname for Mi'go, into a petrified forest towards the imperial headquarters. Funghi? Have none of my predecessors been out of this spiral arm of the galaxy? Yugoth's speciality is surely their gastropoda?

I'll have to get my researchers to find some way of talking to those that came before me.

M'sisilk and Shogg skulk into the shadows and starts exploring towards the rapture cults temple. I need more information about what my neighbours are up to.

I move C'thil Phagn and the other units in the headquarters into the empty army there, naming it Alert. I have no idea where that name comes from, but I believe it has some kind of larger significance.

I have my researchers and tacticians create NBC training and a death rod for the gluttons in the strike force left withouth anything
currently.

Lastly, Ithaq is brought out of torpor to increase range and speed of ressucitating resources from storage.

61:
I move first, sending Mi'go into the imperial headquarters. My critters find that TF Tornado is out gallivanting, leaving the Crotan
Wastes undefended.

Glaa'kii fills my holding with Flesh tactics, and I order Mi'go to sabotage the imperiums headquarters. Mi'go mounts two deadly
charges, which leaves their headquarters barely standing. I shall throw all I have into winning the initiative next and reduce the
entire thing to rubble.

I find a mobile hive in a storage bay.

62:
I burn the midnight oil, afternoon tech, dusk minerals and the copious amounts of the local biomass, but the old ones are against me. I move last. TF Tornado finds and stomps my critters into the sand. Gits.

Mi'go very satisfyingly reduces the human headquarters to a pile of rubble, while the strike force outmanouvre TF Tornado and lay siege to the Crotan Wastes.

Shogg, while moving North, unstealth and destroy a Machine energy collector in the destroyed city just north of the rapture temple.

A gaggle of brutes and a demolition team tumble out of a storage bay. Odd things these bays. Mayhap there will be ginger in one?

63:
Mi'go deserves an accolade. The human empire is no longer present in this sector. Just as well, I never did like the sight of that thing they called "Vengeance". It is one of those things that is best served cold? No?

Anyhow.

(At this point I ordered the strike force to break the siege and assault the now independent lone Panther in the Crotan Wastes, only to get a script error. Reload, and move out and back again instead and then I get the battle I wanted.)

Finally! Breakfast! Or rather eleventies ... The Panther at the Crotan Wastes fall swiftly to wrath of the Strike Force, but does not in any way blunt my apetite.

I plonk a hidden hive on the former site of the human HQ, garrison it with a queue of brutes and get Mi'go to build some collectors. Then garrison the terminus next to the rapture with a demolition team.

64:
Mi'go finishes building resource collectors at the former human HQ, then moves north along with Shogg and M'sislik, who discovers The Camps a bit to late it seems. Copious amounts of the local biomass to be harvested, though. I can get used this kind of diet.

I deploy an egg and get a rattle of beasts for my effort, and bring Klith'sik out of torpor and on to the bridge.

65:
M'sisilk builds a biomass collector and continues north, while Mi'go discovers that The Great Berm has been captured by the machines who have deployed a behemoth. With the defence The Berm confers it will be a challenge to dislogde them. Given the amount of resources we have available I will not prioritise attacking at this point.

I move the strike force north aiming to set up a hidden hive in the destroyed city two clicks from the machine headquarters.

N'kaai builds another egg chamber, at enormous expense (7 die and 9 fate points, and still you can't get more than 3 successes?!)

I find brood pens and another rattle of beasts in torpor, and command Glaa'kii to replace some of the wasted Flesh and Feed before I let the machines do their mechanical dance.

66:
I move M'sisilk into the mountains north of The Camps, and find a Terminus with Maledictus' Legion XXV. It is an enormous force with 7 units containing 2 zombie launchers, a behemoth, a cyclops, 2 scourge platoons and a spider bot. I will have to outmanouvre this force, and hope that the spider bots do not spot my scout.

I move into the destroyed city to deploy my hidden hive, but stumble over a spider bot. This is a spanner in my works, as I would prefer the machines to be ignorant of the whereabouts of my strike force.

Oh well. So much for caution. I'm hungry.

I deploy the hidden hive and the brood hive and proceed to pump out two eggs that evolve into beasts and drudges. Lastly, I empty the last two storage bays for a last rattle of beasts and another queue of brutes.

The machines attempt to bomb the strike force, and damage the toxic Gluttons. They will regret that.

67:
I deploy the brood pens to The Serseri Mounds. I burn a lot of resources to keep going first, so the investment will surely be worth it.

My researchers and tacticians go into overdrive to produce tactics and equipment to prepare for the assault on the machine headquarters.

I deploy an egg and it evolves into a monstrosity. Finally a heavy hitter, although I fear its neurotoxin ability will be of limited use against the machines.

The machines move a small army out between their headquarters and my hidden hive. Puzzling.

68:
I get my technician to create a plasma blossom to drop on the heads of the machines before I move in with the strike force. Using the plasma bomb, my hovership almost destroys a scourge platoon.

I lay siege to the Machine HQ, but they elect to come out and play. Eeexcellent! Dinnertime!

My strike force plows through the headquarter defence with ease, and I capture it without any damage to my forces whatsoever. Monstrosities do apparently work against thos jumping machine jacks after all. Neat.

Also. Yum! Finally I sate my hunger. Although I still don't know what this "ginger" is. My master intelligence officer, Klith'sik, tells me that ginger often appears alongside a green substance called wasabi in the local lore. I like the sound of this wasabi, I think it is some kind of balm to sore tentacles. I must have my researchers procure some of this.

I digress.

Lastly, the machines desperately counter-attack with the force that moved out towards my hidden hive last round. It consists of a scource platoon and shade artillery. They prove to be no challenge to my strike force, and I end up capturing Mortificus, their general.

Alas, that is the end of the opposition. I got my dinner, although ginger-less. I assume I am happy.
pernod

Postby pernod » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:46 am

I took the liberty of picking this up, although the last save wasn't available when I started. I therefore started again on turn 60.

I'm not used to playing the xenos, and anyhow you guys had done all the hard work. It was merely a matter of cleaning up the scraps. Final score was 781.

Fun :)
pernod

PreviousNext

Return to Tales from the Wastelands