Tactics oh my!!

Gather round children and let me tell you the story of....

Tactics oh my!!

Postby ZeroTheHero » Tue May 06, 2008 2:15 am

Well I wish I had taken screenies as I was playing, I will from now on. Just when you think the game is straigtforward it throws a wrench at you now and again. This was the situation using my Imperial 40card Card (see deck lists) I just wasn't getting the cards nearly always last to go, no recce units.
Managed to get one Imperial Ranger out and lead by new Adam Wraith leader (new to my deck after tweaking). Starts recce around base bumps into minefield Adam dies...Oh well..never mind..continues recce then spots machine army Reconicus leading a ....colossus. Heading towards HQ. No way was I going to survive I had two Imperial Own garrisoning.. So kept it under surveillance and tried to get first go by spending tech to try and get 2 x Elephants out.
Next thing I know he builds a base 4 hexes away from me.....I manage to build 2 x Elephants and 2 x Imperial marines. So one army 2 x Emperors own and 2 x Elephants, second army 2 Jump Marines... I am about to attack when another machine army appears loaded with units ...hit points at leat 17....with 4 units others 10 you get the picture...... I am dead...
The machine army then leaves base and heads towards me with both armies.....tension mounts... I then seize my chance and send Valentine to lop off head of huge army (don't succeed) use jump marines to take base and cut them off from supply, my main army hits colussess and he retreats.....
I manage to get iniative before machines on next go army hits collusses again...again he retreats...But manage to assassinate leade of his other stack....with both units out of supply...I just might survive.....
Then I make HUGE mistake colossus lays siege to his base which I am holding with marines...I decide to allow siege as army will intervene....this gives him supply status...oh my god..I rush army on base and retake..killing colusses....but his other army then attacks.... Things are slightly hazy here as the game was just so heart pumping..but..His army then attacks mine and I reckon it's about 50/50....first round had a few lucky rolls but used all fate to reduce damage to Imperial Own... then he RETREATED ...I couldn't believe it...but wiped sweat from my brow and reviewed... He was now out of supply...so was about to give chase then saw he wasn't out of supply (of course to build the base he had to have another outpost nearby).
So started to recce for his outpost...when I found it...it was too late his army was back in outpost...ready to re-heal.....
Stalemate.....
Then I had the solution sent Valentine in and Sabatoged the outpost...it took two turns and lots of resources to try and get initiative which I didn't win....but destroyed his outpost...3 armies (with more units added) was now out of supply...the final clincher.....Jumped my marines back to HQ (no garrison) and sent my main army to his HQ which I took with no problem as only two decent units defending...end of machines.....left his huge army to wither and die....

But my god what a fight.....this game is just f...k..g A!!!! or 'N'ice with a BIG Nuhh...........................

:D
ZeroTheHero

Re: Tactics oh my!!

Postby potatoedoughnut » Tue May 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Good action, but I do not think that punctuation means what you think it means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elipsis
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Re: Tactics oh my!!

Postby ZeroTheHero » Tue May 06, 2008 11:38 pm

potatoedoughnut wrote:Good action, but I do not think that punctuation means what you think it means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elipsis

Actually it does....I was attempting in my very unprofessional prose to create an out of breath retelling of a very intense period of activity.
ZeroTheHero

Return to Tales from the Wastelands