*SPOILER ALERT* Way's i used to deal with Cults

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Way's i used to deal with Cults

Postby Seahorn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:01 am

I just defeated The Rapture cult with the Imperials and three computer opponents. Took two armies to do it, one with Carter Powell and an assortment of armor, infantry, and artillery - they took out the cult members, but the turrets chewed 'em up. The next was just Honore Harris and the EVO and a stack of tactics. It was a near thing, but the two of them got the job done.

The really fun thing about the game, though, was the demise of the Xenos. They were the last undefeated race. They must have come across the special hardened installation the turn before I found it and made it their HQ, because when I got there....I took out their two defending Xenopod eggs with an out-of-supply Imperial Recon Unit. I didn't even realize that I'd finished them until it tweaked on me that I wans't rolling for initiative anymore. That has to be the most let-down of an endgame battle that I've had.
It was still quite a lengthy battle, of course - 1 offensive die against 2 defending, but them with no offense.
Seahorn

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:02 am

First time they took out the Earth. Second time I, quite early, stumbled across a suitcase nuke for the first time. So I gave it to Crypticus and sent it on it's merry way. Boom. Bye-bye rapture device. :)

Although shouldn't nuking their world-destroyer mess everything up anyway?
Ian

Postby Lemonix » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Hehe just defeated Kbalaah again with 2/8 of Gargantuan left.... other units destroyed, becuz i killed convoy and he was like 4 hexes away from me.... tough one, but done him in like 15th round with nabben army... Hes easiest with Fist of Wasteland in my opinion.
Lemonix

Previous

Return to Strategy & Tactics