AI espionage

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

AI espionage

Postby heresys » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:09 am

Can they to use this? I have seen the AI assassins on hex with my HQ for many times, but spies – never. No heroes, no units with this ability. Except the saboteurs, maybe. But they are only trying to destroy my facilities, nothing else. I’m just unlucky (lucky), or AI opponents really can’t perform espionage missions?
heresys

Re: AI espionage

Postby deworde » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:45 pm

I've had active espionage totally screw me over. I'd imagine, like all good espionage, it sometimes happens and you don't notice.
deworde

Postby greymalkin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:37 pm

I've never really had problems with espionage, it's the assassins which cause me endless headaches.
greymalkin

Postby ker » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:44 pm

In my AE carrier I've only had espionage happen to me once. On the other hand I've never actually used espionage myself. It just doesn't scream "useful" to me.
deworde wrote:I'd imagine, like all good espionage, it sometimes happens and you don't notice.

I think when espionage is successful you automatically receive a message telling you all about it. I think that's what it says in the manual anyway. Can't be bothered to check right now though... meh.
ker

Postby deworde » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:48 pm

ker wrote:I think when espionage is successful you automatically receive a message telling you all about it. I think that's what it says in the manual anyway. Can't be bothered to check right now though... meh.

Active espionage, yeah, but I'm not sure about passive.
deworde

Postby heresys » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:35 am

Thanks for replies. Maybe AI can use espionage very seldom, maybe not… Anyway, best method for gathering information, both for player and for computer is the reconnaissance. So an espionage it’s just a nice addition for gameplay, I think.
Last edited by heresys on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
heresys

Postby Indricotherium » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:51 pm

I imagine espionage would be great for when you're gong for the high score of the universe. You can use it to just hamstring your opponents while you just smash everything on the map over and over.
Indricotherium

Return to Strategy & Tactics