Engineers for muties?

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

Engineers for muties?

Postby Flipside1 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Any cards with engineer ability for this deck? Could be a noob question, but I didn't find any?
Scavengers, maybe?
Flipside1

Re: Engineers for muties?

Postby ker » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Nope. The only way I know of to get rid of minefields with Mutants is to send regenerating giants to absorb the blasts until there are no mines left. Not too easy in early game and not exactly convenient but it can be done if you really need to.
ker

Postby Flipside1 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Huh... Interesting tactic. I wonder why they are hobbled so?
Flipside1

Postby potatoedoughnut » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:11 am

I can't think of the last time I actually used an Eng unit to disable a minefield. I mostly just use them as extra scouts/collector builders. Minefields are so rare and easy to avoid they're basically a non-issue in my games.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby greymalkin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:23 am

I don't think the engineer ability fits the the "flavor" of the muties. I imagine engineers to be too techy/mechanical for them.
greymalkin

Postby Flipside1 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:27 am

I kind of imagined them as guerrillas. Guerrillas love leave-behind weapons. IEDs, anyone?
Flipside1

Postby ker » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Minefields can be a PITA. They cut off supply for the enemy (but not for the player that put them down). I have come across a time when the enemy barricaded themselves behind several minefields and had a force that I didn’t want to face out of supply... That said minefields don’t do nothing for nukes :twisted:
ker

Postby Keypunch » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:55 pm

@potatoedoughnut

In the high points game it can be annoying to have an enemy base surrounded by minefields. Usually there's a way around it, but sometimes it can be worth to McGyver your way through it.

And I've had the rare game in which a minefield indeed blocked a crucial 'choke'. One of the most annoying things can be to start in a 'valley' of sorts, surrounded by rough terrain. Even worse if there's actually an area of relative wealth within reach, if it wasn't for that *%$@# minefield.

You're right, though In 95%+ of the games, minefields are only a hazard to scouts...and if I forget to remember where they are located.
Keypunch

Location: The Netherlands. That's not a tile, it's a country!

Postby deworde » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:48 am

ker wrote:Minefields can be a PITA. They cut off supply for the enemy (but not for the player that put them down). I have come across a time when the enemy barricaded themselves behind several minefields and had a force that I didn’t want to face out of supply... That said minefields don’t do nothing for nukes :twisted:

Which may be the mutant end around minefields. Actually, can you nuke a minefield out of existence?
deworde

Postby ker » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:10 pm

I think I tried that and it didn’t work.
ker

Return to Strategy & Tactics