Legionites and Their place in the Mutant ranks

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

Legionites and Their place in the Mutant ranks

Postby ker » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:01 am

At the moment I’m trying to design a decent deck for the Mutants that could be used after Node Ship Eidolan scenario has run its course. I’ve got a back story and a theme that I’ll share a bit later on but for now I would like a hand in deciding something.

Mainly, what function do Legionites fulfil in your deck or how could you imagine using them. At the moment I’m struggling to think why I would want them. Is there something Legionites really excel at that makes them worthwhile? Or are they really a bit pants but have a really cool unit art that makes me want to keep them?
ker

Re: Legionites and Their place in the Mutant ranks

Postby potatoedoughnut » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:20 am

The only mutant infantry I ever use are skull crushers and razors. I don't generally use more than 1 or 2 cards out of a category, why use slaughterers when you could have skull crushers? And rage is one of the least useful abilities in the game. To get any use out of it you have to "save" kills, which and backfire bigtime, and the bonus isn't very good to begin with.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby greymalkin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:52 am

I used all three in my grunt deck. Mainly I use the Legionites because they are cheap and make decent early units, more so with Advanced Training.
greymalkin

Postby potatoedoughnut » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:58 am

I prefer razors as my cheapie unit since they at least have a chance of doing damage every other turn, and they have slightly higher survivability.
potatoedoughnut

Postby Flipside1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:23 am

I think slaughterers might make a more-then-decent late game unit. While they are "softer" (not as tough) as Skull Crushers, they have a double-chance of hitting. If you improve on their attack skills and arm them with "Cobras" they will have the shock ability, twice a round. I think that can really help.

Should test it, though
Flipside1

Postby ker » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Double attack hits the same unit – twice. So to me, it sounds like you are better of giving the Slaughterers a NT-7 Venom Ammo attachment for the increase in damage and Assault Training to actually hit stuff... but then they are so fragile that they could not live to return the investment in the upgrades.

I think I’m going to test out a deck with mainly Legionites and if I still can’t find any use for them then they get sent packing.
ker

Postby Flipside1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Hmmm. I though that the ammo expends in one use or something... Silly me.
Flipside1

Postby Keypunch » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Legionites are a decent unit to keep as base guard. They're cheap enough to be considered expendable, and have enough toughness to wipe out those pesky spider bots.
Keypunch

Location: The Netherlands. That's not a tile, it's a country!

Postby Get » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:44 am

I tried out Legionites but I could never for the life of me find a good use for them if I still had Razors. Skinnies are another one. I pretty much play them exclusively these days, but muties just have so many difficult-to-use units imo (regenerative vats, anyone?)

Oh, slaughterers are awesome fun with assault training. They're fragile, sure, but they'll chew up any lone armour if you get initiative :D
Get

Postby potatoedoughnut » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:33 pm

Get wrote:I tried out Legionites but I could never for the life of me find a good use for them if I still had Razors. Skinnies are another one. I pretty much play them exclusively these days, but muties just have so many difficult-to-use units imo (regenerative vats, anyone?)

Oh, slaughterers are awesome fun with assault training. They're fragile, sure, but they'll chew up any lone armour if you get initiative :D

I wouldn't call them difficult to use, they're mostly just non-optimal units. As you mentioned there are lots of cards that are almost strictly inferior or not all that useful compared to other cards.
potatoedoughnut

Next

Return to Strategy & Tactics