Siege

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

Siege

Postby jureidinim » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi - recently got this game and wondering - are armies in your main base supposed to suffer the effects of a siege (ie - out of supply)? I can understand units out in the field, but i ddidn't think the units in a garrison or in the same hex as the outpost under siege would suffer as well (reduction in attack/defense values).
This makes breaking a siege really difficult - don't get me wrong, i'm not asking for it to be too easy. But so far, a siege on my outpost pretty much means game over as my units are all too weakened (supply penalty) to break the siege.

Is this how it is supposed to be?
jureidinim

Re: Siege

Postby efelle » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:42 pm

With siege you have a penalty of -3 att / -3 def after a certain number of turn (with outpost it's pretty quick) but you have the def bonus of the tile.

This is useful if you have an army available for play the cavalry role.
efelle

Postby potatoedoughnut » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:13 pm

You either have to break the siege before out of supply sets in, or wait for reinforcements to bail you out.

The number of turns it takes to go out of supply is the level of the base. So a level 1 outpost goes out of supply in 1 turn, while a level 3 base takes 3 turns.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby jureidinim » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:36 pm

potatoedoughnut wrote:You either have to break the siege before out of supply sets in, or wait for reinforcements to bail you out.

The number of turns it takes to go out of supply is the level of the base. So a level 1 outpost goes out of supply in 1 turn, while a level 3 base takes 3 turns.

Ahh -ok. More incentive to upgrade the outpost then :)
jureidinim

Return to Strategy & Tactics