My Pal KBAGH

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

My Pal KBAGH

Postby Grottnikk » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:33 pm

I don't know what KBAGH stands for, but it ought to be Kraken Bad-Ass Gobbles Humans. Thinking I couldn't take him out the first few times he came knocking on my door, I gave him some leftover humans that my Xenos weren't using. After 3 or 4 meals, however, ol' K'Ba (as his "peeps" call him) was getting a might bit ornery, demanding more and more. I would have told him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, but I figured on a squid the size of the West Edmonton Mall that would actually be a pretty big space to stick anything, so instead I just told him his mother was a starfish.

Well, if squids had spinal columns, that would have been the straw that broke it. Off he set on a bee-line for my headquarters. I frantically researched some Revelation Serum and got to work building bombs until my hand was filled with only Plasma Blossoms and Pod Hoverships. Catching a lucky break in the terrain, I was able to move my 2 main armies in a pincer maneuver around the beast as he slimed a trail close to one of my bases. To say I carpet bombed his leathery ass would be an understatement. I nuked that cephalopod until my hand was empty, burned a whole hand of tactics cards, and even threw my left shoe at him, but he still wasn't dead. I had *just* enough AP left to send my biggest army after him and play one more tactics card, so I went for it.

The battle was fierce. Xenopods vs. a giant octopus = tentacles everywhere. With an attack of 70-something, he ripped half my front line to shreds inside the first round. I caught a break when we both rolled low on my next attack and I was able to spend my tactics card to reduce him to 0 successes and burn all my fate points to bring myself up to 7. With a roar and a thud, the beast was felled, and the Xenopods ate well that night. And for several weeks after (though Monstrosities hogged all the tentacle meat).

Moral of the story: Don't **** with the K'Ba. And, if you do, be sure you've got about 100 gigatons of nuclear weaponry, 30 action points, and a spare pair of shoes.
Grottnikk

Re: My Pal KBAGH

Postby princeofysria » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Or just be sure you have a tactical nuke and some fate points.
I just tried it yesterday, the great Kabaagh became fried calmar before it had a chance to harm any of my men^^
Furthermore the army got significant experience
Le monde se divise en deux catégories : ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent toi tu creuses...
princeofysria

Postby Indricotherium » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:26 pm

Yeeees, except only the cursed humans get the tactical nuke. The Xenos, Machines and Mutants have to do things the hard way. ;)

Edit: Fixed misspelling.
Indricotherium

Postby princeofysria » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Well I wish them good luck then, they'll ready need it :|
Le monde se divise en deux catégories : ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent toi tu creuses...
princeofysria

Postby potatoedoughnut » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:04 pm

princeofysria wrote:Well I wish them good luck then, they'll ready need it :|

Real mutated alien monsters fight with their bare tentacles, not some lame nukes.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby princeofysria » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:35 pm

potatoedoughnut wrote:
princeofysria wrote:Well I wish them good luck then, they'll ready need it :|

Real mutated alien monsters fight with their bare tentacles, not some lame nukes.

But I'm only a poor little human scared in his battle armor ;)
princeofysria

Postby jureidinim » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Great - lost everything i just posted.. lol

Does the AI have to face this (and other) events? Or is just the human players?

How do you give the squid the humans it's asking for?
jureidinim

Postby Indricotherium » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:47 pm

You give him the humans simply by having that many ready right when the turn starts he wants them. This is, by the way, just before you get your resources for the turn so have them ready by the turn before. This is why I'm always fighting desperate pitched battles vs him. I always forget that. :roll:
Indricotherium

Postby Quaid » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:21 am

I had one game just about wrapped up and decided to see how much it would take to knock out the big guy. I built up to something stupid like ten nukes (three attached to the three aircraft in my hand, and enough AP/energy to use them all) and went to town. I think it took around seven or eight of them to do the job (might have been six, but that doesn't sound nearly as impressive... ).

This was after a disaster where I was one nuke shy with no armies near him - found out real quick that he regens all his health every turn. :shock:

Edit - it was definitely seven, I remember having two full payloads for those fighters and thinking that would surely be enough firepower...
Quaid

Postby The Mandalorian » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:45 pm

I managed to waste the ugly puke with a slate of Reavers, Destroyers and Monstrosities, with no WMDs and few (no? Can't remember...) casualties. After killing the big bugger, the rest of the factions seemed a little underwhelming to the now very experienced army.
The Mandalorian

Next

Return to Strategy & Tactics