Mobile HQ questions

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

Mobile HQ questions

Postby ScoutSergeantCyrus » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Has anyone played around much with mobile hq cards (i.e. mobile field post, mausoleum, mobile hive, pack city)? I've run in a number of instances on huge maps where I was hemmed in by rough terrain and none of the nearby resource sites or independent bases were within supply reach. Raider generals don't do anything to alleviate the problem when the max raider stat is something like 2 and you've got a 3 hex mountain range between you and Black Mesa.
ScoutSergeantCyrus

Re: Mobile HQ questions

Postby Indricotherium » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:08 am

I have played with them and I'll tell you what you do to (try) to keep them alive. You have two armies.

One army is just the Mobile HQ (and a General, preferably trickster, if you have available. Also, AA as well, if you have). The other is your combat stack.

The reasoning behind this is that in combat, the enemy will try very hard to blow up a Mobile HQ and they can't take much of a pounding. By keeping the two stacks together you can keep the Mobile stack safe out of combat while the combat stack handles the trouble.

Of course it gets interesting part when a stealthed enemy force lets your combat stack past and then ambushes the Mobile stack. This is where having a Trickster General lets you flee immediately. Yes, the combat stack is cutoff from supply but next turn you move it back into the ambush area and also move the Mobile stack forward to meet it. Then fight. Don't fight cutoff if you can help it.

Hope this helps! And that you see it, 4 months late! 8-)
Indricotherium

Return to Strategy & Tactics