How do you collect "2 reources" from a tile?

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

How do you collect "2 reources" from a tile?

Postby Hannibal » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:09 am

I am kind of new to this game so I have a question. How do you collect "2 resources" from a tile. It seems that a collector collect only 1. I beleive an academy collects an extra human and a lab collects an extra tech. If I want to collect an extra energy or an extra material, can I do it? I know a complex can generate extras but if I were to take advantage of the "2" energy or material tile, in additional to the complexes that I have, is that possible?
Hannibal

Re: How do you collect "2 reources" from a tile?

Postby Ian » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:37 am

A resource collector, whether attached to a facility or standing alone, can only get one.

The best way to get multiple units of a resource being collected is to stick an outpost on it, attach a facility that collects the appropriate resource if you have one, and/or put a hero on it and let them create (by spending resources and AP) a resource collector. It'll only let you create them if you've got resources available that you're not collecting.

I can't remember off the top of my head what facilities, if any, collect energy and material resources....
Ian

Postby Keypunch » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:12 am

For machines, their academy (Conflict Node), collects M.

There's also mobile resource collectors, like the Ozymandias, which also collect multiple.

Also, if the facility itself collects 1, any added "team", will collect one on top of that, right up to the max. collectible.

An annoying feature is that if a mobile collector is already present, you can't build a team, as the game considers that there are no uncollected resources available. (In the case that a hex yields less or equal resources to those that the mobile collector collects, of course)
Keypunch

Location: The Netherlands. That's not a tile, it's a country!

Postby Ian » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:27 am

Units like Ozymandias are an absolute God send when you've had to "waste" a resource-laden hex with a base that doesn't collect any on it's own.
Ian

Postby Vide » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:40 pm

Aye, under certain circumstances, the best place for Ozymandias and co. is smack-dab in a base. There's at least one rare tile that cannot be fully harvested under any circumstances w/o a mobile collector.
Vide

Postby Hannibal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:33 am

Keypunch wrote:
Also, if the facility itself collects 1, any added "team", will collect one on top of that, right up to the max. collectible.

But in an open field with say 2 material tile, if I build a material team, I cannot build an extra material team to collect the 2nd one right? Also I can't build a facility that collects the extra material on top of the collector right?
Hannibal

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:13 am

Yes you can. You could (for example) build an academy to collect 1 human resource AND an additional resource collector. As long as there's resources not being collected, there's a way to get them.
Ian

Postby Hannibal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:29 pm

Ian wrote:Yes you can. You could (for example) build an academy to collect 1 human resource AND an additional resource collector. As long as there's resources not being collected, there's a way to get them.

Sorry I don't understand. If I already have an academy AND a collector, I cannot build a 2nd collector to harvest the extra resource, correct? (assuming there are more than 2 materials)
Hannibal

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:42 pm

Correct. You can only build one collector for a given type of resource. To get three you'd need a base that collects resources AND the appropriate facility (lab, academy, whatever) AND a resource collector.
Ian

Return to Strategy & Tactics