Heroes create salvage/research team option

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

Heroes create salvage/research team option

Postby screeg » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 pm

I don't get it. Some heroes have the option to "build team" (see Subject) when you right-click them, for a small amount of resources. I've tried it, but where do these teams go to?

I imagine salvage teams produce materials. How much?

Does the hex where they're created need to have that resource available?
screeg

Re: Heroes create salvage/research team option

Postby potatoedoughnut » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:53 pm

These "teams" are collectors that you will people (and the manual) refer to.

A collector will collect 1 of whatever type of collector it is. So a Scrap Team will collect 1M a turn. Each faction has different names for their collectors, but they all do the same thing.

To build on you need to have an unstealthed hero or unit with "Engineer" special ability in an in supply hex with resources to collect.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby Ian » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:57 am

Are you referring to creating a salavage team without there being an actual outpost as the AI sometimes appear to do? Because I've wondered that as well.

if you mean when they're sitting at an outpost it just attaches to the outpost and when you click it you'll see it there with your other facilities.
Ian

Postby Keypunch » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:20 am

Ian, you can do that too!

Within your supply range, you can build your own "salvage team" (generally referred to as "(resource) collector"). You need an unstealthed hero or engineer. Move to the location. Open his army (leftclick on the army marker). Then rightclick on the hero/engineer card. You should get the option to build whatever teams you can (if there's a material resource, you can build a materials team, etc.).

On the map, these will be represent by 'small' building markers (one story), as opposed to Outposts/Facilities, which are represented by Large building markers (two stories).

I think this is one of the most misunderstood parts of the game by beginners.
Keypunch

Location: The Netherlands. That's not a tile, it's a country!

Postby Ian » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:24 am

Well I assume I could initially and then tried it and failed.

Perhaps I was stealthed and this was in the early days before I realised stealthing was restrictive and haven't tried it since. Given I think I gave my decks too many outposts I just tend to dump one on there when I need it. :(

Well I suppose I'll just have to play a few games tonight and try again.

:lol:

EDIT: Wow, I think I see now why people have been trying to come up with ways to make things trickier. Just played my first game against two AI using resource collectors on resource hexes and I had more than I knew what to do with. Aside from a minor hiccup in the middle, I basically gave Ulysses Starke a bunch of brilliant units with some upgrades and coasted to a win. Next up: Either 2 AI and a Cult or 3 AI.
Ian

Return to Strategy & Tactics