Some game mechanics problems

Tips, Tricks and Pearls of Wisdom

Some game mechanics problems

Postby Eawyne » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:36 pm

I picked this game some time ago now, and regularly come back to it with great interest. However, there are some mechanics - basic ones, even - that I don't seem to get quite right.

For instance, I just never ever won a game. I just lay in stagnation waiting for ressource gatherers of any sorts popping into my hand (be it gatherers or ingineers) ; and when I finally get to speed up production, it already is too late. My 15 first turns may only be used to move some recon unit to some gruesome fate... (I use the basic decks of the game, but I expect them to be some sort of playable ?) ; I just discard and discard good cards to finally get something... I played many games, read the manual more than once, spied on this forum for informations, but... well.
Eawyne

Re: Some game mechanics problems

Postby potatoedoughnut » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:52 am

I don't know if you already know this, but you can build resource collectors with any hero, so you don't need to wait around for dedicated resource collector cards.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby Eawyne » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:03 am

Well, I tried that out, but I haven't stumbled across any heroe yet that let me do that (unless there's an Ingineer keyword on the card...).
Eawyne

Postby Naar » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Engineer is a unit (i.e., non-hero) special ability that lets it build a resource collector. Any hero at all, no matter what their abilities, can build resource collectors and should probably be doing so as early as possible!
Naar

Postby vasiln » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 pm

One thing that might be tripping you up is that units, including heroes, in stealth mode cannot build resource collectors.

Been a while since I played, so I might be getting it wrong, but when your hero is on a square that does not already have a resource collector for a given resource, double click on his unit to open up the detailed unit screen, then right click on your hero's portrait. If your hero isn't in stealth mode, then it should include options to build a resource collector on the square in a little drop-down menu. If the options are red, and thus unselectable, it's probably because you have insufficient resources to build the collector.
vasiln

Postby potatoedoughnut » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:09 am

Any hero at all can build collectors, it doesn't require an ability, however there are some requirements. You need to be in supply and unstealthed and control the hex. There may be some others but I forget and am too lazy to search atm.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Return to Strategy & Tactics