Bug or Feature?

If you come across a script error or gameplay bug then this is the place to report it. OR you can send me an email with a save game (even better)

Bug or Feature?

Postby Eirishluck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:45 pm

After several attempts to play and get attuned to the gameplay, I started a new game with the story turned off (after running out of time on my first really good tun) in order to get my exploration fix and to become more familiar with the game before upping the difficulty. I am also playing on normal and beginner difficulty.

Shortly after I went to the 2nd floor for the first time I noticed that I'm starting to lose insane amounts of sanity while I'm VERY successfully resisting Horror challenges.

My Sanity was mid 30s, I would be successful enough in the challenges that I would be getting 7 choices (chooses? card flips *shrug*) and almost all of them would be negative sanity cards.

I've not gotten any negative luck cards and have gotten at least 3 or 4 positive luck cards.

Is there something I'm missing in this playthrough?

I was not having this issue when I had the story turned on and I max health and sanity and had explored most of the house
Eirishluck

Re: Bug or Feature?

Postby Frothy_mikhael » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:12 am

Are you playing a psychic character? Because the way psionics work in this game is that they build up negative feedback as you use them. The higher the feedback, the greater the chance your results cards are converted into negative results, and that the scale of the negative results is increased to be a higher loss of sanity/heath. The feedback drains away for each step you move after a challenge.
Frothy_mikhael

Re: Bug or Feature?

Postby Eirishluck » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Yeah, that could be it. This time I was playing a highly psychic character and was heavily slinging the psychic mojo.

thanks for the quick response
Eirishluck

Return to Ghosts In The Machine (Bug Reports)