Script error after using Major Arcana

If you come across a script error or gameplay bug then this is the place to report it. OR you can send me an email with a save game (even better)

Script error after using Major Arcana

Postby pianistamoeba » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Encountered a game-breaking script error using the Heirophant to match the King of Pentacles, while fighting the witches in the garden. The error window fires, when trying to open a new trick card on the table. Got stuck afterwards, unable to close the trick taking window, forcing me to close the game (and thus, lose my save).

Screenshot, in a case it helps:
pianistamoeba

Re: Script error after using Major Arcana

Postby Vic Davis » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Ouch. I'm having problems duplicating this one. So you played the Hierophant and got the points and then when you tried to flip another trick card, you got the error? Could you send me a save of this game at a point near this (before or after) if you still have one. I'm wondering if there is some weird edge interaction going on. Did you manage to player the Hierophant later one without his problem?
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Postby pianistamoeba » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Vic Davis wrote:So you played the Hierophant and got the points and then when you tried to flip another trick card, you got the error?
Yeah. that's exactly what happened.

I was playing on reaper mode, so sadly no savegames. There's some savegames in My Documents\OccultChroniclesGame\Archives which I tried to dig up, but they fail to load at least on my build. Would sending one of them with approximate date help?

That's the only time I've used the Hierophant.

btw. considering the Edge interaction, I'm quite sure I had at least the edge you gain after successfully climbing inside the Iron Maiden. Others, I was using a boxer with a bunch of Defensive edges I can't remember anymore.
pianistamoeba

Postby altaj » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:34 pm

That is exactly what happened to me today during the final battle of the first mission. Played Temperance Arcana, won the trick, then as I was playing the next card, got this error. Very frustrating, as I've never been so close to victory.
altaj

Postby Alacrity » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:30 am

Attepmted to play the Tower wilst fighting Viktor. Had moments before played 5 other major arcana. Game froze up with no script error.

No saves available as it was a straight playthrough. Iron maidin edge, Unshakalbe confidence edge, couple others.
Alacrity

Postby Vic Davis » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Man, I'm having a tough time with this one. When you all say that the game freezes up, do you mean the the game won't take any more mouse input, or can you still interact with the mouse but you just can't progress in the trick taking game....like the game was working still but you couldn't advance it by clicking on any cards or ending the challenge.
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Postby pianistamoeba » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:38 pm

If I remember correctly, I could still move the mouse and at least get the error repeatedly after clicking on a new trick card (as long as I kept choosing "Yes" in the error window, of course). Also I recon that I tried to click the "Win" button, but it didn't respond in any way. Presumably I could browse my inventory etc. That's in my case, at least.

Edit: clicking on a new trick card didn't reveal it, just gave the error and the card remained "closed".
pianistamoeba

Postby Alacrity » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:06 pm

My game froze completly. The mouse cursor still moved but there was no reaction from the program, no script error pop up.
Alacrity

Postby Avian Overlord » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:54 pm

I got this too! On the final encounter :( I could hit win but it just gave me the same error over and over.
Avian Overlord

Postby Vic Davis » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm sorry about this. I'm completely unable to duplicate this and I've been over the code that activates each time a Major Arcana fires a bunch of times and can't see anything that would do this.Talk about ghosts in the machine. Just to verify on this last one Avian Overlord, what was the mission, what option did you select and what was the Major Arcana that did this? Hopefully you can still remember.
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ghosts In The Machine (Bug Reports)