Duplicate Cards

If you come across a script error or gameplay bug then this is the place to report it. OR you can send me an email with a save game (even better)

Duplicate Cards

Postby tgb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:12 am

Some times the trick card and the card in the hand are the same. You can still play one on the other.
tgb

Re: Duplicate Cards

Postby NefariousKoel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:06 am

tgb wrote:Some times the trick card and the card in the hand are the same. You can still play one on the other.

I'm not sure if the cards are supposed to be exclusive between the two, but I believe they are.

Just to be sure.. did you happen to use one of the items or spells that boosts a random card in your hand by an amount? Such as a Dagger? You can get duplicates that way (and you win the trick if it's an equal).
NefariousKoel

Postby tgb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:41 am

NefariousKoel wrote:
tgb wrote:Some times the trick card and the card in the hand are the same. You can still play one on the other.

I'm not sure if the cards are supposed to be exclusive between the two, but I believe they are.

Just to be sure.. did you happen to use one of the items or spells that boosts a random card in your hand by an amount? Such as a Dagger? You can get duplicates that way (and you win the trick if it's an equal).
-

No.
tgb

Postby Vic Davis » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:07 am

Send me a save of the save game where this is happening. There are some edges that can do this at the very start of the challenge. I would guess that it's one of those. The tarot deck is a simulated normal deck with a shuffle before each challenge...but like it was stated earlier, you can end up with duplicates during play.
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Postby tgb » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:23 am

I haven't seen it in my current playthrough, but if it happens again I'll send the save.
tgb

Postby Berserkben » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:11 am

I got the same thing, here's a link to a screensshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16492765/OCDuplicateCard.jpg

I saved the game right after the encounter and will email.

EDIT: Happened again 2 encounters later, might have something to do with my character design.
Berserkben

Return to Ghosts In The Machine (Bug Reports)