PUT SIX GUN SAGA on STEAM

General Discussion about Cryptic Comet's adventure strategy game

PUT SIX GUN SAGA on STEAM

Postby ManwithNoName » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:16 pm

Playing Talisman Digital recently I remembered that SIX GUN SAGA would be a fun multiplayer game online if it was on something like STEAM. Can't you do something and get it added to Steam? In fact ALL your games would go over big on Steam I think. Lots of people looking for fun easy to get into an easy to play games and games that don't take a year to finish. I always liked SIX GUN SAGA the most and even made an computer ai improvement mod for it. I still play it to this day but it would be a lot more fun if it was multiplayer online on Steam I think. ;))
ManwithNoName

Re: PUT SIX GUN SAGA on STEAM

Postby Frothy_mikhael » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Care to share that mod? I think the AI is challenging if you're just getting started, but once you figure out how to build a massive deathstack around a leadership 3 character, the challenge goes away fast. I'd love to get a copy if you don't mind sharing. PM if so.

And I agree that Six Gun Saga would probably be the easiest one to sell to a mass market. It is easy to get into, fast to play, and very engaging. Maybe greenlight?

The other strategy games are probably not as likely to catch fire on steam, since they are incredible games, but they are complex and difficult to get into even at a beginner level. SI most of all.
Frothy_mikhael

Postby ManwithNoName » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:53 am

I'd share but it's 3 files I had to mod. I seem to remember putting it up on one of those boards where you can upload files as a group. It made the game very challenging for me as the ai gangs up on me now and keeps me from getting more victory points when I'm ahead. It's a lot more challenging than it was as long as you play just 25 turns and 30vps. Even more challenging if you play less turns like 15. I adjusted the ai number of cards in hand and in the bunkhouse and I play the first character Chacon most of the time since he has the lowest cards which is 3 most ai have 4 or 5 cards and 4 or 5 in bunkhouse. I only have 3 in bunkhouse and 3 total in hand on the table but of course there are cards in the deck that add to this. I adjusted the vp's on a lot of the characters so nobody gets a whole lot anymore and it takes more time to win. I adjusted the undertaker to not make so much money per kill. Generally just making it harder to accomplish the victory point standards. Now the ai smokes me most of the time and I've lost by 1 vp sometimes. Now that's what I call fun.

For those not as good at the game there is more than enough characters with 4 cards in hand, draw 2, and 4 cards in the bunkhouse to make a fair an even game of it. I only used a couple for a twist like 5 cards total on the table or 5 cards in the bunkhouse. I think Wyatt Earp has the 5 cards on table and Encino has 5 in bunkhouse since he's more like a gang of outlaws so I gave him a lil more. They are quite challenging to play against now and then I think Mendicno or whatever his name is is the 3rd best player.

But, seriously Six Gun Saga on Steam would be quite fun if it was multiplayer. I'd even buy another edition to be able to play online. It's a very good game now. Only thing I would have improved on was the combat engine. Instead of the loser taking all damage I would have made something where both sides took damage.

I think I may have figured out how to upload the mod and you can download it: http://www.filefactory.com/f/38bc8f9e7b0eca76
ManwithNoName

Postby ManwithNoName » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 pm

ManwithNoName

Postby Frothy_mikhael » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:13 am

In terms of changing the combat mechanics, the best suggestion I saw was to change it from a one-time deal to texas hold'em 3-stage deal, with river, flop, etc., being turned over and giving you a chance to retreat at the cost of ever greater damage as you get closer to the final card reveal.

Multiplayer would indeed be fun. I don't think it would be too hard to code hotseat for a game like this either...

And most importantly of all, thank you for sharing!! I will take a look and let you know what my experience was like.
Frothy_mikhael

Return to General Discussion