1.07 Update

General Discussion about Cryptic Comet's adventure strategy game

1.07 Update

Postby Frothy_mikhael » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:37 pm

One last update post on Vic's behalf. These are the changes wrought by the 1.07 update.

Changes and Improvements:
- Added 2 New Encounters for the basement/dungeon levels. One is a tribute to an old D & D dungeon nemesis and the other tips its hat to a famous B.P.R.D. agent…no not the big red guy.
- The item numbers on the right side of the item tray now turn green when you have an item that can be used during a challenge but that tab has not been selected.
- Horror challenges now only happen once for each specific named encounter. i.e. if you have seen the zombies random encounter you don’t get the horror challenge again if you happen to bump into more zombies later on
- The frequency of random encounters has been decreased further
- The intensity of health loss and sanity loss cards has been toned down significantly to reduce the chance of large number penalties in a single failed encounter if you are at moderate or less health or sanity points. i.e. the more severe algorithm operates when you have high health and sanity points
- Numerous bug fixes and display issues corrected
- Numerous text errors corrected
Frothy_mikhael

Re: 1.07 Update

Postby Frothy_mikhael » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:40 pm

And on personal note, I think these are some really great improvements. The UI improvements in particular have made a big improvement to my play experience. Having the icons change colours is a great way to remind players that they have edges or items to use, which is really important given how complex the different types of challenges can be. The balance changes between this patch and the previous one are also going to make playing the game much more exciting and will encourage more diverse play styles. Good job!
Frothy_mikhael

Postby EvilDastard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Wish I'd noticed the patch sooner. I've been beating my head up against the Elder mission for months, using an older version of the game. Finally - FINALLY - beat the mission last night, only to discover this morning that TWO game balance patches have been released since the last time I updated! :oops: :lol:

Oh well. +1 Sense of Accomplishment, I guess?
EvilDastard

Postby warthurton » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:44 am

Is Vic OK? Been pretty silent running since 1.07.
warthurton

Postby EvilDastard » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:36 am

warthurton wrote:Is Vic OK? Been pretty silent running since 1.07.

I've wondered the same. Don't think Vic has ever gone this long without a forum post or blog update...
EvilDastard

Postby warthurton » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:06 pm

I saw in his profile that he has logged in. That makes me feel better.

I was hoping nothing happened to Vic. I wonder what he is working on next!?!
warthurton

Return to General Discussion