A bit of help pls..

General Discussion about Cryptic Comet's adventure strategy game

A bit of help pls..

Postby PDF » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Hello
I'm a fan of Vic's game since AE, however his UI sometimes still puzzles me ... Im' getting repeatedly killed in OC, maybe because I just can't succeed in using any item or spell : I go the weapon or spell tab, left click, and then nothing happens, the "cast spell" (or whatever else) button doesn't work, what do I miss ???
PDF

Re: A bit of help pls..

Postby Vic Davis » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Some tips.

Spend all your points on attributes first. Only spend the excess points on health or sanity if you have some remaining that won't go into your attributes
Don't be afraid to runaway from encounters and come back to them later. Some of the random encounters will chase you but you can often retreat the way you explored, lose them and choose another direction.
Using the items is often very situation specific. You will have to read the text carefully. If it says bump a revealed trick card down some number, you have to have a revealed trick card for example. The arrow on the card will turn green when all the conditions are met...often you have to have an attribute at a certain level or higher.

Hope this helps.
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Re: A bit of help pls..

Postby PDF » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks Vic !
As I've played the major part of the weekend - really I love this game !!- I've figured most of the arcane things I was wondering about in that time. Really the hardest part is the huge number of complex conditions to use weapons/items/skills/powers/spells, that have an equally complex set of effects. Maybe this could be simplified and made more "efficient"...
But well, I've had hours of fun, lost 12 guys at least, but had one investigator that managed to get to the what seemed the "boss room" of the 1st mission, he got to the 2nd sublev by falling in a trap then opened a secret dorr with dynamite, he arrived with boosted stats and lots of stuff (like 25 hp 25 san 6 Swords 3 Arcanas 2 guns etc...) only to miserably fall to the cultist horde that stopped him - I had an insane stroke of bad luck !
For me OC is your best game since AE - SI was a bit too much "boardgamey", and I found SGS a bit bleh... Kudos Vic for this new wonderful game !
PDF

Return to General Discussion