Ui Sugestion

General Discussion about Cryptic Comet's adventure strategy game

Ui Sugestion

Postby Kalmfist » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Alot of the time I seem to miss opportunities to use abilities especially heroic feats in challenges.
It would be nice if there was an indication on the main screen. If you have a green arrow icon on cards that can be used, can this same .jpeg be used in the main column of Swords, Cups, Wands, Pentangles?

Cheers
Kalmfist

Re: Ui Sugestion

Postby Frothy_mikhael » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Agreed. The simplest way to do this might be (a) change the colour of the sword/wand/etc icon if there is at least one power that can be used; and then (b) when you click on an ability, put a highlighted border around the cards that can be used.
Frothy_mikhael

Postby Kalmfist » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Just to put the point home.
I'm playing a Thief build and have the heroic feat Graceful Evasion. It triggers when I draw a health lose card in a failed pass obstacle, evade trap test. I may be able to play this every 500 to 800 mouse clicks or so.
I really need an indication this skill is useable at the time.

Cheers.
Kalmfist

Postby PDF » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:11 pm

200% agree :) I've lost count of the times I've missed an opportunity to use an ability - and the times I've tried to use abilities that weren't possible...
Also, the cards really needs a more structured and formal description of their usability, targets, and effects - with specific headins- rather than the current wall'o text, that are easy to misunderstand and may even make the player lose his sanity ! :)
PDF

Postby Vic Davis » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:56 pm

This is a great idea. I just added this to 1.06a which will be out in a few days when I get the website updated with the release version info and the demo. If you have a valid item in the tray then the number text will turn green to let you know that an item in that tab is valid for use during a challenge.

Thanks!

Vic
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Postby Tiavals » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:42 am

Most excellent, should make things much easier to grasp.
Tiavals

Postby Jack02 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:26 am

because I’m about to spend a lot of text on constructive criticism, and that shouldn’t obscure the good work he has done to produce the game in the first place. This looks very smooth for a 1.0 release by a lone programmer.
Our excellent online 300-206 test training to success
Jack02

Return to General Discussion