Multiplayer Issue - Turn File Not associated?

Report a bug or technical problem here

Re: Multiplayer Issue - Turn File Not associated?

Postby tzeentch_2001 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 am

A bit similar problem:

I am a host and one of players keeps sending his turn but my SI says its a wrong turn. What can be done?
tzeentch_2001

Postby Grom » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Similar Problem.

We have just moved to a new turn. I overwrote the .sav file into my multiplayer folder.

I am getting the turn file error message and no longer have my .trn file from last turn. Do I have to have it in order to open the new save? I had never really paid attention to keeping it before. I must moved it to the dropbox last turn instead of copied it. Is my game over? :(
Grom

Postby chrm » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 pm

Dropbox is a version control system. You can get your old files back, even if the host doesn't save them in a separate folder. Go to the website and look under events for the appropriate file.
chrm

Postby Sord » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 pm

The trn file is required (it lets the game know which player you are).

If you are using dropbox, you can recover deleted files, such as any of the trn files you have ever submitted for the game. It does not matter which of your trn files you recover, as the orders contained inside will be first ignored and later overwritten with new orders (this is the normal state of affairs, as a typical trn file contains orders for the previous turn, not the current one).

Specifically, in order to take a turn, you need two files in your game folder: the sav file (example: TestingMain.sav) and your trn file (example: Sord.trn). If you have any extra trn or sav files, it may mess the process up. Other extensions are probably ok, but if you are having trouble, start by moving them elsewhere so you just have the two files in the directory.

The game will load all the information it needs from the sav file, so if you want to go back and see an old turn, you can grab a copy of an old sav file and load it up (just don't try submitting orders based on the old turn or the host will get a wrong turn error when they try to process it).
si.battlespot.com - the wiki for Solium Infernum
Sord

Postby Grom » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:08 am

Thanks! easy fix.
Grom

Previous

Return to The Vault of Failure