Director error on game start

Report a bug or technical problem here

Director error on game start

Postby jureidinim » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 am

Hi.. I had been playing this game ok for a long while now on my Windows 7 machine (x64).

I have just upgraded, chip (i7 quad core), memory (8GB), motherboard, video card (geforce 560TI) and reinstalled windows.

Now when i try to play the game, I get a Director Script error a few seconds after selecting Start Game (after picking my avatar, the AI types, map types, etc).

The Director error is that an object is not found.

I realize i have just reinstalled my windows and apps - is there something that needs to be loaded that i am missing?
jureidinim

*MAYBE FIXED* Director error on game start

Postby jureidinim » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 am

Ok.. seem to have fixed it.

Originally, i had the game and patched it up to 1.08 Rectification and it was working - prior to my upgrade.

Upon reinstalling my windows 7, i had to re-download the game and now noticed it was already patched to 1.08a (or so it says on the main screen). This was the version giving me the director errors. I even tried compatibility modes - same issue.

In testing, i found the error only comes up if i have the rectification expansion checked in creation screen. If its not checked, the game loads ok.

So i took down the 1.08 beta patch and reapplied it - game works fine even with the rectification option selected. Main menu still shows 1.08a.

I pulled down 1.08a and applied it as well. Everything seems ok now. Will try a game and hopefully it will play out.
jureidinim

Re: Director error on game start and PRESTIGE issue

Postby jureidinim » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:20 am

Game gave same error when i clicked on a unit.

Switched off expansion and was able to select units.
Switched on again and it played ok... so i'm confused.. lol.

End of game though - the Prestige points showed up for all as "?" on the final screen. Also, I had the GREED objective - i met it (had over 50 resource cards in hand), but the final score for me didnt seem to take into account the +30 bonus points for meeting the objective.
jureidinim

Re: Director error on game start

Postby Vic Davis » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Hey send me the save game if you can. support*at'crypticcomet()com I'll take a look. The question marks mean that somebody played the even that hides prestige.
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Return to The Vault of Failure