beta test in single player mode

Report a bug or technical problem here

beta test in single player mode

Postby Chaosguy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 am

Well, while the multiplayer games look for bugs in that venue, I thought I'd run a quick Sp game to see how Rectification plays out.

First-- very nice Vic, you definitely changed the feel of it while still keeping the oringial style. The Ai manages, at least for the one game I played to be much more effective in single player mode with the rectification changes. For the first time since my 1st two SP games back in 2008, I felt nervous & threatened by the AI in game. Part of this could have been due to a weak starting position, but in the past that by itself was never an issue preventing me from dominating the AI's like it was this time. Defintely the first time I've ever been planar-locked by the Ai (repeatedly). So, bravo!

Now the big one-- something in the turn I'm on is causing a crash after 14 happy tokens worth of gameplay-- but it seems to be not by me, and not the final token, but by something one of the AI's is trying. Though I could be wrong since I'm both using a new praetor vs Pandemonium and my 1st curse of wrath manuscript in my turn order). I went back & saved the game, so let me know how you want that forwarded.

Also significant, the Assertion of Weakness option didn't come up for me, even after I got an Ai with whom I shared a border to accept an insult (this happened earlier in the same game).

Other minor issues: as noted by MM, the flavor text of the "Fountain of Ichor" says both 5% & 6%. Also, the Vasdranai Carpet description text seems to be missing? Not sure what "EOF" means, even after buying it and attaching it to a legion.

Finally a query-- does combat with the Angelic Host potentially trigger the curse of wrath? Happy to say the curse of wrath bit does appear to be working, as I did finally get one near the end of game, but with all the fur flying earlier when I unleashed the host, I was surprised nothing had turned up. (Only a 15% change combined btw relic & praetor (gusion & monlith) but still, curious.
Chaosguy

Re: beta test in single player mode

Postby Chaosguy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:55 am

A follow up on the crash. Its an "Object Expected" script error.

I had a little more time this evening, and after looking at the end turn again, what I had thought was a jam on the 4th AI's turn process, was actually a failure during the 2nd phase being processed for all players. So I went back in,and pulled out/changed my move for that phase. It seems the crash may be related to having a new praetor challenge the champion of Pandemonium. In this case I attempted to use Gusion, after having won a duel and being amped with both piercing lunge and impenatrable stance, agaisnt the Butcher. Not doing that allows the game to proceed, and attempting to re-do the challenge on the following turn caused the crash to desktop again, (also have that .sav file if needed) so perhaps the new praetor names weren't added to a file list of acceptable challengers?
Chaosguy

Postby Chaosguy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Meandering this time through a second game. Trying the diabolism curses this go around & it seems the math or the description is reversed.

The manuscript states that it will be half the diabolism level of the casting player, but in practice it seems to be doulbe when I do it. Perhaps there's a "/" where there should be a "*" ? Also, when the AI's cast it on me, (bastids stoles my script & turned them around on me) I'm taking 0 prestige loss always, when it should be something surely. Have a .sav file for this as well.

In your blog you suggested we send the bug reports to your support address. Hate to be the slow guy here, but I'm not seeing any e-mails there, even in the 'about' section: http://www.crypticcomet.com/blog/?p=709 . I'll send a PM here, thoguh it doens't allow for attachments under the current settings you have.
Chaosguy

Postby Marble Mouth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:07 pm

support [at} crypticcomet.com
Marble Mouth

Postby Vic Davis » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks for the finds.

If anybody has an example of a situation where you have gotten an opponent to accept an insult and should be able to assert weakness, please send it in to my support*attt}crypticcometDOTcom email. I think it might be a rules issue though. After you get the acceptance of the insult then you must wait the proper amount of time for issuing your next insult before the Assert Weakness option will appear. This is because the Assertion is really just a different flavor of the NEXT insult so you can't just launch it right away if the target player is going to accept it. Hope that makes sense.

For the Curse of Diabolism manuscript: If your Diabolism Discipline is 4 for example you are seeing a drain of 8 prestige points drained per request instead of 2? It should be 2 Prestige points drained for each tribute request lasting for 4 turns.
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Postby Vic Davis » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Vasdranai Carpet is supposed to let you fly 3 hexes. I'll get that fixed. Thanks!
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Postby Chaosguy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:30 pm

For the curse of diabolism, the file I sent shows me getting hit for 0, repeatedly since I was up versus 2 deceit fiends (AI) in that game & they were both stealing my curse manuscripts. Surely, they should actually been hitting me for some negative number? As for my math on them-- I realized after the game that I had the new mirror relic, so that added +4 to my number, which would explain why my drain on them seemed too high.

As for the AoW-- it IS possible I didn't wait long enough. I had thought it was like insult/demands, that you can immediately follow up one with the other.
Chaosguy

Postby Marble Mouth » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Confirmed that object expected error occurs when challenging the Champion of Pandemonium with Caim, another new praetor. A legion that loses mountainwalk while in a mountain canton remains there until it wants to move normally somewhere else. It's even allowed to capture a PoP adjacent to its hex and remain there. Save files sent. That second one seems like it may be intended behavior.
Marble Mouth

Postby Marble Mouth » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:14 am

I have no particular reason to believe this situation has anything to do with Rectification, but I am running 1.07b beta. I have a single player game with 2 legions in the same canton. The Heavenly Host and Berith's Legion of the Maw are in the same hex. I believe the Infernal Monsoons are a necessary condition for this situation, as they have forced the Host to walk around instead of flying. They already fought the Legion of the Maw previously. The LoM survived thanks to Wicked Wain, but were forced to retreat. Now they are cohabitating with angels. Save file sent.
Marble Mouth

Postby Marble Mouth » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:13 pm

The description text on The Devourer also reads "EOF."
Marble Mouth

Return to The Vault of Failure