Solium Infernum Wish List

Re: Solium Infernum Wish List

Postby devster » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:05 am

Event card: "Bridge of Bones" ("Span of Spines"?) - create a bridge of bones across a chasm or river (1 hex only). Lasts until used (i.e. one way ticket - regardless of who uses it), or for X turns. Would enable a bit of a sneak attack or quick expansion (like flying, really), with one drawback being that there's no return, so best send a good legion. Similarly, one could have a tunnel type card for mountains, and "Treacherous Wisps" for swamps. Drawbacks: more art, may not be applicable to some map types, wouldn't want them to appear frequently.

Event card: "Darkened Duel" - use this event card when challenged to a single combat duel. Your craftiest minions have sabotaged the other single combat participant (poison, stole his best gear, tormented him with loudspeakers relentlessly playing music by the famous cherub ju'st'n B'br, etc.) The opponent's luck is halved for the duel, or the caster's luck is increased =. Drawbacks: Not sure how this'd work from an execution/coding perspective. Would have to be played on the same turn one selected their duellist, I would think, so it could be "remembered" as something influencing the combat.
Don't feed the trolls.
devster

Postby Matchstickman » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:40 pm

If you use an order to set your Threat list you can't go back and see how you've changed the list if you happen to forget during the turn, can we get a way to see that please? (with PBEM games it's possible that you are starting and finishing your turn several hours apart)
Matchstickman

Postby Moth Bones » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

This may well have been mentioned already, but I would like to see the game carry on generating visible turns for players who have been eliminated so they could follow the remainder of the game if they wished. They would simply get to see whatever is visible to everyone - movement, events, battles etc.
Moth Bones

Postby Fuu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:03 pm

The ability to zoom out would be nice, to enable a broader view of what's going on.

Also, the option to toggle colour-coded enemy borders and units would also make things easier to interpret. Could use dark colours to keep the atmosphere?
Fuu

Postby Sord » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:52 pm

1) A consolidated list of features that have been suggested, so I don't have to go through 25 pages of suggestions, many of which are already duplicates, to try avoiding adding a duplicate suggestion. An indication of planned/not-possible/not-interested might also be nice.

2) A option when setting up the game to enable/disable publicly viewable battles. Currently if two other players have a praetor battle (or legion battle), non-participants are at best informed of the outcome and don't get to share in the close calls and lucky rolls. I personally would prefer to share the excitement of these moments in my games and I am willing to sacrifice the loss of the hidden information that would be revealed.

3) I'd like to see charisma's effect on tribute changed. Make it so that all demands for tribute allow the choice of 3 tribute cards out of 3+N choices (where N is your charisma). I think this would make charisma 0 builds viable and charisma would scale more along the lines of the other attributes. I would also rework the legion stats/order slots, since if charisma is no longer a must have stat, it should contribute the same way other stats do and no longer be the exception.

4) An option to put a limit on how many demands for tribute a player can make, particularly in the early game. Playing 20+ turns in a multiplayer game just leveling up your stats is a strong, but boring strategy. If we flat out weren't allowed to just demand tribute for all actions, then we'd have to find something useful to do with the extra order(s) and I think that would open up more strategic possibilities.
si.battlespot.com - the wiki for Solium Infernum
Sord

Postby Fuu » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Sord wrote:3) I'd like to see charisma's effect on tribute changed. Make it so that all demands for tribute allow the choice of 3 tribute cards out of 3+N choices (where N is your charisma). I think this would make charisma 0 builds viable and charisma would scale more along the lines of the other attributes. I would also rework the legion stats/order slots, since if charisma is no longer a must have stat, it should contribute the same way other stats do and no longer be the exception.

This is a pretty good concept. It would have to be 2+N if Charisma 6 is the maximum (i.e. Charisma 7 is just the same as 6) since you can only choose from 8 cards total.
Fuu

Postby thunder3 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Can you please add in mute buttons for the 2 sound options so we can toggle each sound on/off (and return the sound level to the previous level)? I find this useful so I don't have to reset the levels manually when I have something on in the background for music, just toggle on and off the music option.
thunder3

Postby Panzergeist » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Fuu wrote:
Sord wrote:3) I'd like to see charisma's effect on tribute changed. Make it so that all demands for tribute allow the choice of 3 tribute cards out of 3+N choices (where N is your charisma). I think this would make charisma 0 builds viable and charisma would scale more along the lines of the other attributes. I would also rework the legion stats/order slots, since if charisma is no longer a must have stat, it should contribute the same way other stats do and no longer be the exception.

This is a pretty good concept. It would have to be 2+N if Charisma 6 is the maximum (i.e. Charisma 7 is just the same as 6) since you can only choose from 8 cards total.

Easy answer: make successive tribute rolls decrease the number of cards you keep, instead of or in addition to the value of the cards. I like this idea; it would mean fewer order slots used collecting tribute, so people could do more fighting.
Panzergeist

Postby h4ngedm4n » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:18 am

1) I wish the movement bonus/nerf from Fiendish Energy/Slothful would not show up on mouse-over. This would make it less obvious to the opponent(s) what perks were picked, allowing for an element of surprise from Fiendish Energy's extra move, or denying that a person picked Slothful when they actually did.

2) I miss the scoreboard from Armageddon Empires. It would be nice if there were some way of saving a list of game mode/ending prestige/ending turn/method of victory after game over, aside from keeping a save game.

Not sure if these have already been mentioned/discussed, just thought I would put it out there.
h4ngedm4n

Postby Dropout55 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:35 pm

I think Dark Augury needs a buff. If you are after the ritual chamber, then the chance of getting back this information actually drops if you increase your intelligence past 3. It already costs resources and an order slot and is much more likely to return something you weren't after than what you wanted.

I was thinking that maybe it could be changed to return two bits of information at 4 intelligence and maybe three bits of information at 6 intelligence. I would probably use it a fair bit more then.
Dropout55

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion