Solium Infernum Wish List

Re: Solium Infernum Wish List

Postby Wicked Preacher » Wed May 05, 2010 2:27 pm

In my opinion, high-level Prophecy rituals are currently rather useless compared to other disciplines, so it would be nice to have some new options like the ability to view the opponent's event cards with Dark Augury and force them to drop event cards with Unholy Revelation.
I do believe this would improve overall balance against Deceit and Destruction (which now are by far more popular among most players, with Prophecy used mainly to get ritual slots) and increase the value of Prophecy-related perks that are almost useless in the current builds...
Wicked Preacher

Postby Moth Bones » Wed May 05, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm not sure how to go about it, but I'd like to see some way of making Praetor combat a more attractive option. Right now it tends to be a sideline, at least in the games I've played.

Maybe a victory, and/or an opponent not showing, should count as a successful Vendetta towards Blood Feud. Or a levelling Praetor could improve its legion-support stats.
Moth Bones

Postby slitherrr » Thu May 06, 2010 3:55 pm

I debated whether or not this belonged on this list, since it's only secondarily related to gameplay, but I decided this would give it the best visibility.

I was wondering how possible it would be to give Solium Infernum a command-line parameter that would allow a host to process a multiplayer PBEM turn without having to actually load up the game. The point of this would be to be able to write a script to process a turn, which would then open up the possibility to automating the entire PBEM turn processing process--an app could be written, for example, that would collect the turn files from players, run the processor when all the turns are collected, then distribute them automatically (thereby preventing the players from having to wait on the host--whenever the last player turns in his turn is when the turn will be processed).
slitherrr

Postby vasiln » Thu May 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Moth Bones wrote:Or a levelling Praetor could improve its legion-support stats.

Actually, they can. It's just not as common as them improving their duelling stats-- and usually, when you've got a successful duellist, you're more interested in improving their duelling capability anyways. But maybe if you were allowed to pick both a legion combat level-up and a duelling level-up at the same time?
vasiln

Postby potatoedoughnut » Thu May 06, 2010 11:26 pm

vasiln wrote:
Moth Bones wrote:Or a levelling Praetor could improve its legion-support stats.

Actually, they can. It's just not as common as them improving their duelling stats-- and usually, when you've got a successful duellist, you're more interested in improving their duelling capability anyways. But maybe if you were allowed to pick both a legion combat level-up and a duelling level-up at the same time?

I've never seen this happen, do you have evidence of this happening?
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby vasiln » Thu May 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Yeah, I've been offered it. You can get abilities like melee first.
vasiln

Postby potatoedoughnut » Fri May 07, 2010 3:11 am

vasiln wrote:Yeah, I've been offered it. You can get abilities like melee first.

Oh now that you mention it I have seen things like that. But never like +2 ranged or something.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
potatoedoughnut

Postby vasiln » Fri May 07, 2010 7:15 am

Debugging mode!

Based on threads like this (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1189), I think that it'd be nice if people could have a mode that would make hidden information, particularly rolls and modifiers, available to them. Then we could all answers questions like that, and we could find bugs easier.
vasiln

Postby arakiel » Sat May 08, 2010 5:23 am

potatoedoughnut wrote:
vasiln wrote:Yeah, I've been offered it. You can get abilities like melee first.

Oh now that you mention it I have seen things like that. But never like +2 ranged or something.

I just saw a "melee +2" the other night (vs AI). But not of much use for a champion.
arakiel

Postby Mollarom » Fri May 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Someone's probably already mentioned this, but more map themes would be great. :D

Also, it seems like starting off with a zero in Wrath, Deceit, Prophecy and Destruction seems viable, but starting off with a Diabolism of 0 is just plain suicide. Maybe change 0 to where 1 is now?
Mollarom

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion