Solium Infernum Wish List

Re: Solium Infernum Wish List

Postby Fuu » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:14 pm

I seem to recall that the expansion will bring in several new legions, artifacts etc, which I am all for - the more variety the better! If that is still going to happen, here are some ideas:

ARTIFACTS:
1) An artifact that grants flying ability; shouldn't be overpowered if restricted to just flying 2 hexes.
2) Similarly an artifact that grants mountain walk, or swamp walk - these aren't particularly overpowered abilities.
3) An artifact that allows a legion to provide combat support one tile further away (Frost's idea).
4) An artifact which provides no combat bonuses, but guarantees the legion gets promoted each time it wins a fight.

RELICS:
1) Something affecting diplomacy like Frost's suggestions above, e.g. +1 max tribute card on demands, or +1 vendetta length. These kinds of things could be stacked if they are weak in isolation.

I thought I had loads of ideas but seem to have run out ...
Fuu

Postby nikku » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:13 am

Constructive suggestion for auto-sorting manuscripts (MS):

Preamble

MS have three public properties that are needed for sorting
  • Name ("Manual of Whateverness")
  • Number (1, 2, 3, 4)
  • Type (P, L, M, R)

Sort (algorithm)
  • Sort by Type so the necessesary space can be determined per Type
  • Per Type, sort by Name so that all equally named MS are piled together
  • Per Name, sort by Number in ascending order
  • Display result in UI

Suggestions
  • Move Number and Type on MS to top-right
  • Left-align Name on MS
  • Per Name, vertically sort MS only reveiling "[Manual of Can o' Whoopass] [L 1/2]"
  • Per Type, separate Names by indenting new Names a small bit and lower them equally down from the previous Name.
  • Per Type, start (in ascending alfabetical order) with Names that are completed (i.e. have all their Numbers) .... this is a personal preference.

Feeble attempt at visually conveying concept (example is for Type L, so imaging the other Types beside it)
Code: Select all
    +================+
    | Bla      L 1/3 |
    +================+
    | Bla      L 2/3 |
    +================+
    | Bla      L 3/3 |
    |    +================+
    |    | Meh      L 1/2 |
    |    +================+
    |    | Meh      L 2/2 |
    +----|                |
         |    +================+
         |    | Uhh      L 1/2 |
         |    |                |
         +----|                |
              |                |
              |                |
              |                |
              +----------------+
nikku

Postby Nashua » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 am

I'd really like some very simple mechanics for team vs team play.
Nothing game changing. Just the ability to set teams at the start of the game with proper legion support rules between players in the same team, but without forcing them into blood/vassal relationships.

3 vs 3 and 2 vs 2 vs 2 teams.

Victory conditions didn't need to change or anything. Players would just count Prestige points for each team. Rules for Kingmaker and PTB could be agreed between the players.

Really, just the possibility of setting up teams at the start of the game and provide their elements with battle support :)
Nashua

Postby Souls Stream » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:04 pm

+1 For SI and AE on a netbook, I would like so much to buy those two games but the demo does not run on my net book !!! :(

Well, it runs on my netbook but the screen is just crap ! Tried using AsTray, but the program does not work even though I have an asus netbook :(
Souls Stream

Postby frost_maze » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Oohhh. This came up recently in RPS chat on Steam (little plug here... get on it! :P)...

How about a refresh button so you can load a new .sav file without going all the way round back to the menu and then loading the game again? :D
frost_maze

Postby Moth Bones » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:34 pm

I like Fuu's ideas. I'd also like to be able to have Resist Destruction on high-level combat cards, similar to the Resist Deceit currently available.
Moth Bones

Postby Fuu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:02 pm

In the ministerium -> avatar screen you can inspect your attributes, which are listed as "Base", "Power level" and "Power Roll Modifier". However as far as I can see there is nowhere which lists your "Power Resist Modifier" for lack of a better term, as would be conferred by a perk, relic or sustained ritual. I think it would be a nice feature if there were a column adjacent to "Power Roll Modifier" which gave you the relevant values for resistances - it can be important to factor this information in when assessing a situation, and although you can tell by your perks and relics what resistances you have already, it would be helpful to have this info at a glance.

:)
Fuu

Postby arakiel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 pm

An easy way to export the map into image format, to be printed out and studied in detail. Right now, taking multiple screen grabs and then pasting those into a program like paint.net works, but it takes quite a bit of time.
arakiel

Postby Matchstickman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Can we have some way of identifying the name of the multiplayer game we are in?
Possibly on the Diplomacy screen or the first entry of each turn on the notification screen?

Would help those lucky people who are in mulitple games at the sametime.
Matchstickman

Postby dolr » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Not sure if this belongs on a wish list, but I'd love to see this game become browser-based. After playing something like Neptune's Pride, I can't help but think about how awesome it would be to have SI's multiplayer games played like that, purchased either on a per-game basis or a life-time subscription. I apologize for not being aware of this topic, as it's probably been beaten to death...

Any possibility of that down the road, Vic?
dolr

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion