Solium Infernum Wish List

Solium Infernum Wish List

Postby Vic Davis » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:01 pm

The Infernal Pit could stand some improvements no doubt. If you have suggestions this is the place to post.
Vic Davis
Site Admin

Re: Solium Infernum Wish List

Postby Taione » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Auto sort manuscripts and tribute cards.
Taione

Postby HumbleSloth » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Less time waiting on the AI.
HumbleSloth

Postby Nihil » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:30 pm

As I know you have played dominions would it be possible to set some server ala Llamaserver to handle the games, mails and all that?
Nihil

Postby John Mc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:16 pm

More in game features like tooltips to avoid having to check the manual for details on Combat Moves, Rituals, etc.
John Mc

Postby Thrull » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:51 pm

The ability to:

• Click on a legion to "cancel march order" to correct movement mistakes, instead of having to go all the way into Ministerium orders to cancel it and then back out to move again.
  • Get to the order screen quicker -- somewhere easy to click to take you straight there!
  • See which event card you drew right from the log screen by clicking on a seal next to the "event card drawn" log entry.
I'm sure I'll think of some more minor helpful tweaks. Thanks for making this thread Vic!
Thrull

Postby Tpek » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:24 pm

In the turn log, the result for the ritual casting will also list the target of the spell.
Sorry, but when you cast the same ritual twice in a turn, one casting succeeds and the other doesn't, you really want to know what happened.
Tpek

Postby mllange » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Just get rid of the tribute card pool and sorting issue entirely - make the tribute pool an auto-calculated total for each type of tribute and then debit from the pool when an auction or purchase is made - in exact quantity.
mllange

Postby Flop » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:42 pm

I've been thinking that the single biggest luck factor in the game is probably the tribute roll (edit: after starting position, maybe). Sometimes you can go for 5+ turns without seeing a single soul, and meanwhile your pile of ichor just grows and grows. Or maybe you're trying to save up to buy that relic, but you never seem to get any darkness when demanding tribute. I've often had nothing to do in several turns in a row, but asking for tribute, not because I was short of resources, but because I was short of one specific resource.

This isn't all bad, of course. It's a part of the game, but it can be severely unbalancing to not receive any souls for the first 10 turns. By the time you can afford to buy a legion, or buff your starting legion, all the PoP's are gone.

I would like to see a low-level ritual that lets you convert resources. Of course, there should be a penalty, so I propose that you have to select a legion as a catalyst for the ritual. For every resource converted (not resource card, but for every single resource), a random stat of that legion would decrease by 1. Also, I guess there should be a cap on how many resources can be converted in one go. A good cap would probably be the level you have in the discipline to which the ritual belongs (I'm not sure what discipline that should be, though).

The conversion would work like this: you select the order, select the catalyst legion and the resource you want to convert to, then you're taken to the vault interface where you commit the resource cards you want to convert. Next turn you get the output.

What do you guys think?
Flop

Postby John Mc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Flop wrote:I've been thinking that the single biggest luck factor in the game is probably the tribute roll (edit: after starting position, maybe). Sometimes you can go for 5+ turns without seeing a single soul, and meanwhile your pile of ichor just grows and grows. Or maybe you're trying to save up to buy that relic, but you never seem to get any darkness when demanding tribute. I've often had nothing to do in several turns in a row, but asking for tribute, not because I was short of resources, but because I was short of one specific resource.

This isn't all bad, of course. It's a part of the game, but it can be severely unbalancing to not receive any souls for the first 10 turns. By the time you can afford to buy a legion, or buff your starting legion, all the PoP's are gone.

I would like to see a low-level ritual that lets you convert resources. Of course, there should be a penalty, so I propose that you have to select a legion as a catalyst for the ritual. For every resource converted (not resource card, but for every single resource), a random stat of that legion would decrease by 1. Also, I guess there should be a cap on how many resources can be converted in one go. A good cap would probably be the level you have in the discipline to which the ritual belongs (I'm not sure what discipline that should be, though).

The conversion would work like this: you select the order, select the catalyst legion and the resource you want to convert to, then you're taken to the vault interface where you commit the resource cards you want to convert. Next turn you get the output.

What do you guys think?

I was thinking about this as well. I'm not sure if it should be a ritual, but an order in the Demand/Consolodate resources area would work. Something that allowed you to transform 3:1 one resource into another would be pretty balanced.

The main downside is that the current mechanic encourages some diversity. You've got an excess of Hellfire, that means you should buy some Hellfiery things. Unfortunately, you share Souls as a resource with almost all activities, so you can't necessarily use your Hellfire without running out of Souls. That's a real kicker.

Anyways, it would be nice to have some way to get a specific type of Tribute without having to rely on luck. I'm not sure if it would disrupt some of the gameplay, but it would be nice.
John Mc

Next

Return to General Discussion