Solium Infernum Wish List

Re: Solium Infernum Wish List

Postby Sord » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:45 pm

I agree that Dark Augury needs a buff.

My suggested change would be that you select which area you want to target when you pick the ritual. That way the skill no longer gets weaker as you gain levels in prophecy.

I would also suggest as a partial balance to the buff, that it tell the victim what area was targeted, so they can make an intelligent reaction to the probing.

Finally, I might recommend increasing the cost for targeting the higher level areas, not that I think the ritual costs is ever a real factor in using Dark Augury (for me it is always the order slot that is painful to use), but costing more to get to the ritual chamber over learning some basic stats feels right to me.

If you're like me and want to keep the UI changes to a minimum, I'd suggest implementing the above by splitting Dark Augury in to five separate rituals (e.g. "Dark Augury - Vaults"). That way picking the ritual would also pick the target area. Each version could have tweaked costs. And each version would have it own result message that would inform the victim of the area targeted.
si.battlespot.com - the wiki for Solium Infernum
Sord

Postby Marble Mouth » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:28 am

I would like very much if it were possible to hand off hosting duties to another player without Vic's intervention. I know he has done this for some games in the past, but if it can be implemented within the game, that would clearly be preferable. There are some bizarre metagame-based concerns with killing the host of a PBeM game that do not apply to the non-hosting players.

Also, it would be neat if we had more options about changing control of play slots. Currently, we can turn human slots into AI slots and that's it. We can't, for example, have a human return to a previously AI'd slot, nor can we have a different human (with a different serial key) take over a slot.
Marble Mouth

Postby Fuu » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm

I would quite like to see a "random" option added to each of the settings "map size", "map type", "places of power" and "game length". Often when hosting I think it would be nice to randomise one or more of these settings, especially since I usually have an avatar in mind, and don't want to weight the map in my favour. It would be a simple addition! :D
Fuu

Postby Bullman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:49 pm

-increase the levels of "Zoom out" on the map so players can see more of the map at once

-increased info on the battle results screens

-more AI opponents (though I know the game is predominantly meant for multilayer, still good to throw in some new AI opponents/types)
Bullman

Postby chap o » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Bullman wrote:-increase the levels of "Zoom out" on the map so players can see more of the map at once

Some sort of border to show where there is an overlap would be nice too - it can get confusing scrolling left/right or up/down trying to work out where everything is in relation to your PoP for e.g.
chap o

Postby Super_Jesus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:39 am

All I want for Anti-Christmas is to be able to use custom Avatar pics.
Super_Jesus

Postby Frothy_mikhael » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:58 am

I'd like to add a "free for all" mode, in which the regular diplomacy rules don't apply - so similar to everyone being excommunicated, but without losing access to the bazaar. Victory would be elimination of all other archfiend's strongholds. POPs would either be irrelevant, or the code would have to be tweaked so that only POPs with a benefit of some kind were included (you know, the ones that give you +1 wrath, etc).

I know that the unique diplomacy is what brings a lot of the unique feel to SI, but I also like the legion ground combat game a lot. It would be fun to be able to cut loose every once in a while and just have an infernal slugging match. The intricate phase-based combat, along with all the tactical possibilities raised by the various praetors, artifacts, and combat cards... they have so much promise. All we need to do is let them off the leash and let slip the dogs of war.
Frothy_mikhael

Postby deanimate » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:28 pm

I wish someone rich would give Vic some money to get development going again on this game. It's so damn good.
deanimate

Previous

Return to General Discussion